turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will form 8915E be efileable on turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 8915E is currently scheduled to be released on February 25, 2021. You can monitor the status of the form via this link

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bell86103
Returning Member

The form was released, but there is still a check that prevents me from e-filing.  It says, "Check this entry: pension deduction worksheet."  There is a box to review, I review it and proceed but it just comes back to the same screen...

@bell86103 wrote:

The form was released, but there is still a check that prevents me from e-filing.  It says, "Check this entry: pension deduction worksheet."  There is a box to review, I review it and proceed but it just comes back to the same screen...

Is that an error on the state return.   I don't know of a Federal worksheet like that.

Also, you say "pension" - it this a pension that is paid to you automatically each  month?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
hman36
Returning Member

TurboTax says 8915-e is live and to download updates for desktop for mac application. I just did this, it had an update so I updated. When I select that I had a disaster distribution it still says I will have to "revisit" this area. How do I elect a disaster distribution.

@hman36 wrote:

TurboTax says 8915-e is live and to download updates for desktop for mac application. I just did this, it had an update so I updated. When I select that I had a disaster distribution it still says I will have to "revisit" this area. How do I elect a disaster distribution.

Try deleting the 1099-R and re-enter.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
hman36
Returning Member

Okay its working I just am not eligible, mine is from a non-qualified annuity

bell86103
Returning Member

Thats just the error that comes up.  It's not specific to a pension that is just what turbotax is calling that section of my file.  "Pension Deduction Worksheet: Federal Amount We're still working on updates related to retirement distributions that qualify for disaster or covid relief.  You can keep working on your return and we'll remove this message when it's ready."

@hman36 wrote:

Okay its working I just am not eligible, mine is from a non-qualified annuity

Only IRA's or employer plans such as 401(k) plans or similar are eligible for the CARES act COVID provisions.

Non-qualified plans, pensions and equal periodic payment plans are not included.

Mgrum82

I got the same message for my state return. I’ve reach out to TurboTax, through the live chat and they suggested to file by mail. I would prefer to file by E-File, so I’m waiting a few days to see if something changes. 

NOT SEEING THE FORM

@Caseyblue wrote:

NOT SEEING THE FORM

You will not SEE the Form 8915-E.

After entering the Form 1099-R the Covid-19 questions will be asked.  The Form 8915-E will be generated by the software if the withdrawal was due to Covid-19.  The form will be included in the federal tax return that is filed.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You are not going to see the form until you go through the 1099-R entry screens.   You have to enter a 1099-R and the covid related questions will be asked after you are done entering the form.   If you have already entered your 1099-R, go back to the retirement section and EDIT the form.    Once you indicate that the withdrawal was covid related in the follow-up screens, TurboTax will add the form to your tax return.   @Caseyblue

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What if I want to repay half this year and half next year? How is the tax handled?

@Caseyblue wrote:

What if I want to repay half this year and half next year? How is the tax handled?

The amount repaid is added to your taxable income in the year of the repayment and taxed at your current tax rate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies