Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be available? I would like to file.

WHAT PART OF THE FEDERAL IS FIXED BUT WE ARE STILL WAITING ON THE FIX FOR EACH STATES TAXES DID PEOPLE NOT HEAR?

Speak up, I can't hear you. 🙄

But to answer your question, we're also trying to pin down which states are getting updates. My question referred to a state that wasn't on the original list. This feedback helps TurboTax determine what needs updating.

Is the form ready?

@redskin13808 wrote:

Is the form ready?

As has been stated multiple times on this thread, YES.

How do you download it?

@redskin13808 wrote:

How do you download it?

Using the TurboTax 2020 desktop software you have to update the program to the latest release.  The software update was released on 02/26/2021.

Click on Online and click on Check for Updates.

Delete the Form 1099-R that was entered.  Re-enter the 1099-R manually.  After completing the 1099-R entry you will be asked if this withdrawal was Covid-19 related.

I don’t see a tab marked Online.

@redskin13808 wrote:

I don’t see a tab marked Online.

Are you using a Windows based PC or a Mac for the TurboTax software installed on your personal computer?

I am using a Mac.

@redskin13808 wrote:

I am using a Mac.

Using a Mac your TurboTax software would be updated automatically when the program is started, if the there is an update available.

Delete the Form 1099-R that was entered.  Re-enter the 1099-R manually.  After completing the 1099-R entry you will be asked if this withdrawal was Covid-19 related.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I ASKED THIS QUESTION TO BEGIN WITH.

I already called TurboTax and the lady that helped me was able to remote into the screens and she couldn’t find it either.

She then recommended starting everything all over and I did and it still didn’t update and I still got the same review required message ,

You have to go back into the Federal Return, 401k part and re-visit the questions. There are questions now asking if it was covid related. That fixes your Federal Return. Michigan's State Return fix hadn't been done yet and I'm sure other states too. But you can file the Federal after you revisit the 401k part and answers the Covid questions. 

Same here...for Hawaii state return

Since March 5th was the last Date I was given on fixint the Michigan Return as far as 401k withdrawals for Covid and that has cam and gone is there a new date for Michigan being done?

There's been two new dates being peddled, March 11th and March 19th. But if we analyze what has transpired in the past few weeks it's fair to say this will be fixed May 20th, 2025.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies