turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sabinmk

When I try to review my order and file, a message pops up saying "We are unable to continue your return at this time." I have tried for two days straight. What can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

When I try to review my order and file, a message pops up saying "We are unable to continue your return at this time." I have tried for two days straight. What can I do?

Are you trying to file outside of the US, or using a non-US phone number?

If the above is not the case, please reach out to us here for further assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sabinmk

Hello Heather,

Thank you for your reply.

I am living in Amsterdam at the moment and have a foreign phone number. However, I used TurbTax last tax season with the same account. I don't remember if I filed electronically or I had to print and send in my tax return. I do know that I was able to pay for the service through the website.

I am getting an error message as soon as I go to review my filings for state and federal. When I try to download the paper copy and hit pay now the same error message occurs. I have tried all weekend to solve this problem.

Many thanks,

Maggie

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I will suggest you to contact our customer service department.  Click here:  TurboTax contact

If you are a US citizen or resident and work overseas, you may be able to exclude part of your foreign income and housing exclusion if meet all the requirements.  You would need to use a Form 2555.  Form 2555 is used to calculate the excludable portion of your foreign income that you made and the housing exclusion deduction while working on foreign soil.  For 2020, the maximum exclusion amount has increased to $107,600.  Due to the global health emergency caused by COVID-19, the IRS has provided relief related to the time requirement necessary to meet either the bona fide residence test or physical presence test.  To  learn more, click here: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i2555

As of today, this form will not be available until February 2/18/2021.  To check forms availability, click here: IRS forms

A spooky error
Returning Member

I'm having this prob as a foreign resident US citizen and all I have are stocks.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are having the same issue, please click here to contact customer support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies