Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LupeH
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When I go to file my taxes it says "it looks like some of your tax forms aren't ready"

It says California adjustments  1/30/2020 which is tomorrow.

Is there a reason to why it's saying this?

Should I wait to file another day or is this something on my end that I need to fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: When I go to file my taxes it says "it looks like some of your tax forms aren't ready"

Some state forms are not yet ready. Wait a few days and file. If you have the desktop version be sure to update. 

LupeH
Returning Member

So does that mean it has nothing to do with something being wrong on my end?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, this means that there is nothing wrong on your end at this point.  The tax forms are not ready yet for you to use.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LupeH
Returning Member

So helpful, thank you.

WKins2
Expert Alumni

Generally, if you are not able to e-file your return it is because your state has not opened up the e-filing option yet. Even though the IRS has started to accept e-filed starting 1/27/2020 there are some states who have not finalized their tax forms yet, thus not opening the e-file option.

Click here to look up your state and see when all forms will be ready: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Once the forms are ready you will be able to e-file your return and check the status here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies