turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What's Form 7202-T ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DJS
Alumni
Alumni

What's Form 7202-T ?

Self-employed individuals should use Form 7202 to figure the amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits under the FFCRA on their 2020 tax return. These credits are available to eligible self-employed individuals if they were unable to work or telework or had to care for family members for reasons related to the coronavirus and are refundable. These credits are equivalent to the amount of qualified sick leave wages or qualified family leave wages the self-employed individual would be entitled to receive under the emergency Paid Sick Leave Act or the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act, two separate provisions of the FFCRA, if the individual were an employee of an employer (other than himself or herself).
You attach Form 7202 to your tax return.

FFCRA is the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act)  and requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

What's Form 7202-T ?

When I do my Federal review I get the error message stating that I must use "Form 7202 to claim a Refundable Tax Credit for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals".  I am not self employed and am not sure what entry triggered the requirement for form 7202 in my federal return.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

What's Form 7202-T ?

Form 7202-T would have been generated in response to questions about your employment, particularly if there was qualified sick or family leave. You will need to check the entries for any income being reported in your tax return.

For more information about deleting this form: How do I view or delete forms in TurboTax Online?

Click the link for more information IRS: About Form 7202

@dasutor

dena_pamin1
Returning Member

What's Form 7202-T ?

I AM NOT SELF EMPLOYED THUS CANNOT CLAIM THIS CREDIT.How do I delete it from my tax return

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

What's Form 7202-T ?

You may be able to remove the form with the Delete a Form tool.  

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Tax Tools.
  • Then click on Tools.
  • Then in the center of the page, click on Delete a Form.
  • Choose the form to be delete and click Delete to the right of the form(s). 

See also this TurboTax Help.

IRS Form 7202 Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals is not currently available.  See this TurboTax Help for forms availability.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies