turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tygoreye

What is the fax number to IRS to send form 8962 and 1095-A form?

So when they give people 30 days to respond, but dont accept the responses to the numbers that they have given out how the HELL is that supposed to work!?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS is not accepting phone calls or processing paper returns. Due to stimulus processing, the IRS has temporarily halted these services. Fax the Form 1095-A and Form 8962 to the phone number on the letter received. But, you will have to wait until the IRS continues operations for processing. There should be leniency in deadlines due to these issues.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need the actual number as we lost the letter.

@JeffreyandJennette wrote:

The fax number is on the letter you received from the IRS requesting the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A.

The fax number listed on my letter is constantly busy, I mean constantly. We've tried all hours and all days, over and over for three week. It's ALWAYS busy. They have it off the hook, unavailable... How can I fax these forms for them to continue processing my return?? *The fax # I have ends with 5020

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS has temporarily suspended the manual processing of paper returns and forms while they process stimulus payments. They are also not accepting phone calls at this time. Due to stimulus processing, the IRS has halted these services. You will have to be patient and wait for the IRS to reopen all operations and get caught up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Until the IRS staff returns to work and clears the fax cues  the number will continue to ring busy.  You can try every couple of days  or  mail in the forms ... either way expect things to take a long time to process.  Some IRS personnel have gone back to work but the IRS says they will be working on the backlog of unfinished work that was left on the table prior to the furlough ... opening new mail and getting new faxes are not on the list to do right now. 

Where did you end up mailing? We have been dealing with the same issue and unable to reach anyone regarding it with everything going on. We faxed back in March and haven't heard anything back. 

The IRS notice you got had the mailing/faxing information for your return ... there are more than one office dealing with those forms so getting it to the correct place will be best. 

czagara
Returning Member

there are two pages of answers to the question what is the fax number. Not one answer has a fax number in it. If you are not going to answer the question then don't answer at all. Waste my time. Thank you very much.

czagara
Returning Member

this is not a best answer. There is no fax number in it.

@czagara The IRS sent you a letter requesting the documents.  Look at the letter itself for the fax number the IRS wants you to use.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Blundberg

So what happens when you don't get a letter from the IRS with the fax number? They sent my letter to the wrong address, so I never received the fax number. Additionally, I haven't been able to get connected to the IRS on the phone.

This is the fax number I've been seeing with the searching I've been doing, but I'm not sure if that's really it: [phone number removed] 

@Blundberg The filter removed phone numbers from the user forum--so we do not know what fax number you tried.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies