turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What is the fax number to IRS to send form 8962 and 1095-A form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@JeffreyandJennette wrote:

The fax number is on the letter you received from the IRS requesting the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A.

View solution in original post

40 Replies

The fax number is on the letter you received from the IRS requesting the Form 8962 and 1095-A

I haven't received the letter yet. I had to call the IRS to find out why there is a delay in my refund. She explained to me what I needed to do and said that I didn't have to wait for the letter in the mail. She also gave me the fax number, however, when I try faxing it just rings and rings. It took me forever to get through to speak to someone, so I thought maybe I could get some help here.

@hilynn4 wrote:

I haven't received the letter yet. I had to call the IRS to find out why there is a delay in my refund. She explained to me what I needed to do and said that I didn't have to wait for the letter in the mail. She also gave me the fax number, however, when I try faxing it just rings and rings. It took me forever to get through to speak to someone, so I thought maybe I could get some help here.

Sorry, we would not have that fax number information.  That is only sent to taxpayers with the request.

Bethcar1

I have the letter from the Irs and tried twice today to fax and it would not go through...can you supply me with number, the number I have from last year on the letter is totally different than the letter I got this year

BillM223
Expert Alumni

You need to use the fax number in the letter. This is in case different IRS offices are using different fax numbers for different letters.

I would not be surprised if the line weren't simply busy. Keep at it.

You're not trying to use last year's number, are you? Use the number from this year's letter, no matter how frustrating.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Interestingly the FAX you send actually goes to a computer system ... they are not printed on paper.  Then they are sent to the correct departments electronically which is why you must use the number on YOUR notice and not just any fax number you can find.  Sadly the entire IRS system is overwhelmed and understaffed right now and it may take longer for anything requiring human interaction. 

I have been trying to fax to the IRS at the number that I received on my letter. Prior to the Corona Virus Pandemic I couldn't get through. The fax number just rang and rang. I just ended up mailing in the requested forms instead. I think especially now, it would be virtually impossible to get through. 

Tamwal51

I just received the 1095A for the 8269 to recieve my tax money but I have misplaced the fax number and case # to send it in.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The fax numbers used by the IRS may be specific to the department and the case. This information is included in your letter and cannot be accessed through any general fax number. That is only sent to taxpayers with the IRS letter.

Evantee

What number do you have 

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Keep in mind. Due to stimulus payment processing, the IRS is currently not taking calls or processing paper returns. If you have the fax number available on your letter, you may have to wait until they reopen to be able to send the information for processing. 

Did you ever get your taxes? I faxed the forms the letter requested March 20th. I still have yet to get my taxes. And I cant get ahold of anyone at the IRS, to for one, figure out what is going on, or for two, make sure they definitely received it!

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS is not processing manually submitted forms at this time. While the fax number is available only on the letter sent to you by the IRS, you may not be able to get the document to go through. The IRS is currently not taking calls or processing manual returns.

tygoreye

The fax numbers that they are sending in the letters aren't working. They are coming back rejected as being "busy" 3 consecutive times in a row. I have tried MULTIPLE fax numbers MANY times with no progress in site.. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies