Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 4.26.00 PM.png

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

Please follow the instructions here with this one. @chuck_connell 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It appeared that this worked. It is still a bug though. No software should be asking for this information as it runs.

I also followed uninstall instructions for BitDefender (method 1) and it still didn't work until I followed these instructions. Just note that I don't like to "Always Allow". I'm not sure what that does behind the scenes. Anyway, it worked after this suggestion to Always Allow. I signed in to TT and am able to continue.

Thanks for the info 🙂

Vanteer

I had the exact issue.  The steps to put in your Mac login pw, and click Always Allow, also worked for me.

This issue did not occur in TT 2021.  Something new with 2022 for sure.

OlegT

I have the same problem. Tried to enter several passwords and it did not work out.
@Turbotax how to fix it and get rid of this blocking prompt?

bcaloha

having the same issues, turbo tax user for over 20 years. I may never use again

Me too. This is clearly a bug. The workaround (always allow the program into my keychain) is a terrible solution. 

Intuit, please fix this!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the workaround here to get past the keychain issue in the system. @chuck_connell @OlegT @bcaloha 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This worked for me as well. Phew!!

tigero123

You're a life saver!!!

qazxdrews

Thank you. This solved it for me... I don't have Bitdefender but had the same issue.

Use the solution above (restart, file menu and enter the Mac login pwd).  It works.  "Apple PC" is not a thing.  It's either "Apple" or a "PC" (windows based computer).

That worked!  Thanks!  I thought I'd have to ask for an extension because I wasn't going to type all my brokerage data manually, but that did it.  I appreciate you!

Taxmagic

Thank you.  This worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies