Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

In some rare cases if you've given Keychain access to TurboTax, you can go to Applications > Other > Keychain access > Keychains > Login > Category > Passwords > find Intuit or TurboTax and right-click Get Info > Attributes > Show Password.

You will be prompted for your Mac password and it'll show you the password you used to encrypt your TurboTax file. This is may not work for all users.

For more information, please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

How do I access my password protected TurboTax Desktop file if I forgot the password?

@bettydreger 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What does the program want when it asks for my confidential information stored in "Intuit ID . . . ." in my keychain?

it doesn't accept the Intuit password - doesn't accept any password. Going in circles.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried following the FAQ here to unlock it? @blujahz 

79AG
Level 2

No, unfortunately this never came up in my search.   I've since returned my license to Costco for a refund.   Would be willing to try it again, but now the cost has gone up.    Fell for the deceptive advertisement by Turbotax that I could do my taxes online for free.   True, but I can't file or print them without paying anymore.   If Turbotax goes back on sale I may use it again but, if not, I'll find another app for future tax filings.   I have no respect for Turbotax anymore and would never recommend it for a MAC user. 

79AG
Level 2

Should also note that, in the past, I've always been able to use the deluxe addition.    My situation hasn't changed, but now the online tax filing says I should use premium, which costs about $25 more.   Very dishonest company. 

Use your Apple ID when you boot up and log onto your Mac or Mac Book pro.  BUT!!!!!! You MUST select “ALWAYS ALLOW”.  There is a bug in turbo tax software which will REJECT your password if you select ALLOW ONCE. Once I selected ALLOW ALWAYS I was able to save the file.  Don’t ask me why Turbo Tax wants access to the Keychain. That upsets me quite a bit as that is the password vault for all.  They should NEVER have access to all your passwords and Apple should have blocked that and only allow them to save the password which is for them only. 

It has nothing to do with that.  I figured out what was wrong. It wants the password all of us Apple PC users are required to use everytime we boot up. HOWEVER you MUST select ALWAYS ALLOW or the TT software will reject your credentials. If you select only ALLOW, the TT software AB-ends and rejects the user.  No other software does this everytime I save a file. I use MS O365 and never do they ask for full keychain access.  I am surprised Apple has allowed TT to even write such code. 

Yes there are always bugs for the MAC user. I did find the solution.  TT wants your boot up password you use to get on your MAC. BUT!!!!!!!! You MUST select ALWAYS ALLOW. If you select ALLOW ONCE you’re toast. It will lock up. Very frustrating. And I have posted this answer up to many. It’s said Intuit does the same crap to Quicken.  Apple is last served, so I actually run quicken on a windows machine as many reports only work on a windows machine. 

TexJo

I've got the same problem.  It asks for permission to access keychain, but no matter what answer I choose, it hangs up and I get the rainbow wheel until I force quit.  Is there a fix for this?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to remove your Intuit session tokens stored in the keychain. Please follow the steps below:

1. Quit your TurboTax Mac application
  2. In Finder, select Applications and then open the Utilities directory and launch the Keychain Access application. Type intuit id in the search box
  3. If you notice any search results for Intuit ID and Kind as application password, delete them
  4. In Finder, select the Go menu at top and then select Go to Folder.... Type ~/Library/Application Support and select Go. Select the TurboTax 20XX directory and delete AuthorizationClientContext.plist, if present
  5. Restart your computer

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, please reach out via phone.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions in the following Help Article:  How do I contact TurboTax?

Reference:  How do I fix my TurboTax Mac connection problem...

@TexJo 

Yes! It is past time to move on. Good ridence.

buying you a virtual beer. thank you.

Same Problem here

Same Problem here

lawfordg

I typed in the password I use to login to my computer and the system just goes around in a circle. When I click "force quit", it shows that Turbo Tax in not responding. How can i resolve this problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies