turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do with a Turbotax AnswerXchange code?

I'm using 2019 Turbotax Home and Business.  I asked, "As a Handyman, I do not see where I'm to enter my expenses for varying lumber, plumbing and electrical supplies and paint supplies.  I see expenses for office supplies and other expenses, but not anything resembling my job related expenses.

What I received were a half dozen AnswerXchange codes.  With no information on how to use these codes.  Then I see TurboTax uses "Real Money talk" in replace of AnswerXchange.  

Can anyone explain what I do with a AnswerXchange code?  or better yet, can someone simply point to where I should enter my job related expenses?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

To enter your expenses in Home and Business, follow these instructions:

1. Type Schedule C in the Search box
  2. Select the Jump to link  (If this is your first time working in this section: You’ll be asked some questions about your self-employment work)
  3. Select Edit next to your line of work
  4. Scroll down to Business Expenses (if you keep an inventory, use the Inventory/COGS section to enter your supplies expense)
  5. Select Start next Other Common Business Expenses
  6. Use either Supplies expense or Other Miscellaneous expense to deduct your expenses

Answer Xchange has been replaced by the Real Money Talk Support Community.   All of the old information and answers were transferred over last summer.  Some of the information did not transfer over exactly as planned, so some older answers may have incomplete or missing information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
goinsfamily1
Returning Member

I just got an AnswerXchange code today...my question/topic is entirely different than his...where can I go to input the code an get my answer?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

How did you get the code or do you have a link that came with?   Leave whatever information you have here and/or post a new question (you can copy and paste the previous question) in the new TurboTax Community Forum.     

Answer Xchange has been replaced by the Real Money Talk Support Community.   All of the old information and answers were transferred over last summer.  Some of the information did not transfer over exactly as planned, so some older answers may have incomplete or missing information.   Most questions and answers transferred smoothly and any new code you received should bring you to the new community forum.  

I received a text message from 88811 telling me my TurboTax AnswerXchange Code is 816948. What do I do with this number? I had asked a question yesterday regarding Schedule A of Form 8995-A where Lines 9 & 10 (which are calculated fields) are incorrect. The decimal points are in the wrong place. I cannot manually override them as I have to use the online version of TurboTax since my computer is too old for the downloaded version.

Did anyone respond to you regarding what to do with the answerXchange Code?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you referring to a verification code when you try to log in? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies