Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

djmiller

Already filed and now I was notified there were critical updates to 1040 form. What am I supposed to do now?

Was just notified when I opened Turbo Tax to do my Son's taxes that there were critical updates to the 1040 federal form.  I filed mine a week ago.   Now what happens?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Already filed and now I was notified there were critical updates to 1040 form. What am I supposed to do now?

Do the updates in your program, and then open and look at your 1040 return, and if the tax is the same and it shows no errors, then do nothing.

Critical updates can be just Forms being finalized and you might not even needed to use any of those forms.

If there are changes to your taxes (refund or balance due) then wait for your return to be fully processed by IRS and you get your refund.  Then Amend the return.

What changes were made to the 1040 with this most recent update ?

I want to know what the critical changes are too!  I click on "More details" after the update completes and it takes me to a dead webpage link.

bcduncan1

I want to know if those new changes are incorporated when you update the program to use it??

Barbara Duncan

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, the new changes will incorporate when you update. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mark847
Returning Member

It is very un-professional for TurboTax to have a link to an URL that does not exist, and then when we do a search there is not specific information on forms or calculations that might have changed, even if it is just a form.

Intuit, your users want more answers and we are not getting them. 

DBS327

5-1-2020:  I filed on tax day, April 15.  Today I wanted to take a look at the filing and opened Turbo Tax.  I got the Critical Updates notice.  1.  It's a shame that Intuit reps don't answer questions in this forum, seems to be only other users wishing to help others.  2.  Why does Turbo tax think it's an acceptable practice to roll out critical updates after filing, resulting in amendments, at best?  3.  The recommendation to save a PDF first would not work for me because Turbo Tax wouldn't let me open Turbo Tax without updating first.  Luckily I had already saved PDF of the filing earlier.  I cancelled the update and and used the PDF for my review.  Wondering why I didn't just use the PDF to begin with...I simply forgot I had saved it.  Anyway, sub-par way to run a business that provides software that must be perfect to satisfy our government overlords.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies