Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What are the fees for state filing?

Just PRINT your tax reform and mail it for free. It is pure greed to charge $25 on top of purchasing the software, plus the state software. Come on - hiring a tax accountant would be cheaper than doing all this, and you wouldn't have to fill out anything yourself.

JPTax1

TurboTax lost me as customer as well. These additional fees are ridiculous. 

KJ55

I just filed and the application said that State E-Filing was $19.99.  (That was after TT went out to check for updates!). When I got to their internal site to pay.....it's $24.99.  I have to agree this is getting to be BS.  I've been a long time user (20+ yrs) and I no longer find it user friendly.  WTF, if they  can't even update the pricing what else is wrong!

Bye TT!

jdkeys

my turbo tax has 1 free state filing.   why am I being charged $20.00?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are incurring any extra charges click here  for help with finding out what those charges are and how to reduce them if possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is the 2021 state e-file fee when using the desktop Turbotax Premier App? Federal e-file is free with Premier. State e-file has an Intuit fee.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

The e-file cost can change throughout the season. You will see the current price to e-file your return when you select e-file your state return under the File menu. Or you can choose to file by mail to avoid the fee.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rmarchone

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe and it was my understanding that the first state tax return e-filed would be free of charge. I did two tax returns (mine and my brother's) and was charged for both. Is this correct or should I get a refund of the cost for one of them?

@rmarchone wrote:

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe and it was my understanding that the first state tax return e-filed would be free of charge. I did two tax returns (mine and my brother's) and was charged for both. Is this correct or should I get a refund of the cost for one of them?

Using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions there is one free state program download included in the purchase price for the Deluxe edition or higher. 

There is not a free state e-file.  The state e-file fee is currently $25 for each state tax return e-filed.  This fee can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

@rmarchone When you use the CD/download you get the software to prepare a state return.   There is an additional fee to e-file a state return --even the first one.   You can avoid the state e-file fee by printing and mailing the state return instead of e-filing it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies