turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We received our stimulus checks but TurboTax is giving us a $3600 Economic Rebate Credit

What did I do wrong? We received our stimulus payments via direct deposit. However TurboTax is crediting us with a $3600 Economic Rebate Credit which I believe is the same thing.

Where in TurboTax Premier do I tell it we received the stimulus payments?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We received our stimulus checks but TurboTax is giving us a $3600 Economic Rebate Credit

You didn't get the screen with 2 boxes to enter the amounts you got?

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any. Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You didn't get the screen with 2 boxes to enter the amounts you got?

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any. Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

Click on Federal Taxes and then on Federal Review.  The stimulus received/not received questions are in that section.

I'm sure it asked me but I didn't recognize what it was apparently. Entering 'stimulus' as you suggested got the problem fixed. Thanks very much VolvoGirl! (BTW - I drive an S80 and am probably purchasing a new S60. We both like Volvo!)

Anyone having the IRS reject the Rebate Credit even though Turbotax said you should get it? I entered the amounts received for payments 1 and 2, Turbotax said I was owed more, but after 4 months, the IRS says nope. You don't get the money, and oh by the way, you owe. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies