Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We received form 1095A how do I get it into my taxes inclued in turbo tax sofeware?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

We received form 1095A how do I get it into my taxes inclued in turbo tax sofeware?

If you purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov or your state's health insurance marketplace, you should receive your 1095-A by mid-February.

Your 1095-A should include info for everybody on your return who was enrolled in a Marketplace plan, and is required to calculate the Premium Tax Credit.

Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Search for 1095-A and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? screen and Continue.
  4. Enter your 1095-A info on the next screen and select Continue. We don't need all the info from your 1095-A, so we'll only ask about the info that affects your return.

If you have Form 8962 and a 1095-A, and aren't sure what to do with them, go here for info on how to file them with your return.

Insurance companies participating in health care exchanges should provide you with the 1095-A form, a health insurance marketplace statement. This form includes:

• Your name
  • The amount of coverage you have
  • Any tax credits you were entitled to
  • If you used them to pay for your health insurance and the amount you paid for coverage

You use this information to complete your income tax filing, adjust any tax credit payments and claim any premium tax credits that may be due.

atacrew

Do I have to pay taxes on form 1095a line C tax credit?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You may have to pay back some of the premium tax credit reported on your form 1095-A.

The tax credit reported on form 1095-A is the discount you get on your health insurance premiums. It is calculated based on your income reported on your tax return from the previous year.

When you complete your return for the current year and enter your form 1095-A, the credit you are entitled to will be calculated and the difference between what you received as a credit and the amount you were entitled to will either be added or subtracted from your tax on your current year tax return.

So, you may have to pay some of it back, or you may get some of it paid back to you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My form includes my Mom and my sister and my brother.  Both my sister and I are not dependents of my Mom in 2021 so do we just dive the numbers by 4. Ie 25% to see if we get more credit or have to pay back the credit . If it is not that easy..ie divide by 4. What do I do and how do I report it?

PattiF
Expert Alumni

You can allocate the percentages any way that is agreed on by all of the family members. 

Here is a TurboTax Help article with links for the situation that you have. The information from the 1095-A will be entered on each tax return using the information on the form.

How do I file my 1095 a

@Prentiss Loggins  wrote:

How do I file my 1095 a

To enter, edit or delete your Form 1095-A -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A), click the start or update button

Or enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

I am using Turbotax Premier, the Windows application, and there is no search function. I can't find any reference to form 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement anywhere. How do I enter this information in the Premier app?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You have to be all the way inside your return before you search.   You can also get to the entry spot by going to Deductions and Credits and scrolling down to Medical.  @pfg23

@pfg23 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies