Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We're still waiting on our second stimulus. Had no problems with the first one. Is it a TurboTax issue since we always file through TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

We're still waiting on our second stimulus. Had no problems with the first one. Is it a TurboTax issue since we always file through TurboTax?

TurboTax does not receive any type of tax refund, federal or state.  TurboTax does not receive any type of Economic Impact Payment.

The stimulus payment will go to the account you entered for direct deposit on the 2019 tax return.  The direct deposit information cannot be changed.  If the account is closed the IRS will send the payment by mail or on a debit card.

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Go to this IRS website to check the status of your payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive the second stimulus payment on or before January 15, 2021 and/or you did not receive the first stimulus payment in 2020 and you are eligible it will be entered on your federal tax return, Form 1040 on Line 30.

The Form 1040 has not been finalized and needs to updated to include the 2nd Economic Impact Payment.

It's been 3 weeks since the irs error and a week since I received an email stating the irs will reissue payments via dd by the end of the month. WHERE IS MY MONEY? 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

The IRS is mailing and depositing. For the most up to date information on if you are eligible and when and where you can expect a payment, I suggest you visit the IRS Get My Payment tool.

@Kjansen29  The IRS does not begin accepting tax returns until February 12 hoping to get done distributing stimulus payments before they open. If you have not received your payment by the time they open, you can have the amount added to your refund when you file your taxes. I know this is frustrating.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies