Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

@Sam-K  I haven't had any problems importing from Wells Fargo Advisors every year.  Haven't tried this year yet.  I usually wait until late February for them to be available.  And even later because they usually put out an amended corrected 1099.

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

When trying to import Well Fargo Advisors in the dropdown menu use "First Clearing" it's Wells Fargo backroom.

@VolvoGirl The import issue isn't with Wells Fargo Advisors (the brokerage firm), it's with Wells Fargo (the bank).  I haven't tried to import from Wells Fargo yet this year but someone already reported an issue so I'm guessing it's not fixed.

Use First Clearing to import Wells Fargo

CBP2305

I am having the same problem as I try to finish 2020 taxes. When I try to import the 1099 statement from WF Iget a message saying the software platform is no longer supported and I must upgrade or call a number that sends me to WF. They have no idea of what I'm talking about.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@CBP2305

Please try the suggestions in this thread here

The first post suggests manually importing, but I recommend to please first try the second suggestion, which is to review each Wells Fargo portal that comes up in the search.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
deduction08
Returning Member

The message is "Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support"  And where is support?

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Regarding importing from Charles Schwab, please see the Help Article here for further assistance with your 1099.  

If this still isn't working for you, please try to utilize the workaround posted on this thread here.  Some users had success trying this during the morning or the evening hours.  

If this still does not work for you,  please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.     

deduction08
Returning Member

Not fixed 

Just for fun I checked Schwab, yes 3rd party access is enabled.

The next solution was to check my internet connection, this is nonsense considering I mentioned I was able to login here and to Schwab. Considering importing is not new to TurboTax how about fixing the issue or providing a full refund for a product which is defective.

@CBP2305  You can only import the current year.  It is not possible to import prior year 1099s into the prior year programs.  For one thing the brokers and funds do not keep the import files up, just the current year.  You have to manually enter them or enter the sales as summaries and attach the detail sheets when you mail your return.  

merciel
Returning Member

Create a new password for Wells Fargo that has no special characters, just numbers and letters. Then use this to download 1099 information. Worked for me.

MarilynG
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to import, download a copy of your 1099-B info to your computer, use the Summary Method to report Sales Section Totals on Form 8949, and attach a PDF to your Efiled return. 

If your financial info is a composite of 1099-Int, 1099-Div, and 1099-B, try importing these separately into the appropriate areas in TurboTax.

@deduction08

It sounds like this is the situation with Wells Fargo 2020 and will occur even if I switch to another software platform?  If so, that's a huge bummer.  Who knew data too much so much space on millions of terrabytes of servers.

Did you ever get this problem fixed?

I need to amend my return.  I don't want to key in the brokerage data.

In Turbo tax when importing from Wells Fargo Advisors does not work, try importing your info from First Clearing.

First Clearing does the accounting  (backroom) work for Well Fargo

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies