Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Warning: Do not use your return to pay for any fees

I never did this before, but it was convenient. The IRS deposited my return almost a week ago, and now it is fairy dust. Turbotax has no customer service and neither does their 3rd party middle man.

I don't know when or if I will ever see my return, and if I do what hoops I will have to jump through. Don't choose this option 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

No kidding. That's why I said turbotax and their garbage third party provider have zero customer service.

I have called, they say my ss# is invalid. Their website says they never got the deposit. I have messaged. I get no reply.

Do not choose this option anyone that is reading.

What tax year is this all about?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

2021. What does it matter? The money was sent, fees should have been deducted and then sent to the person it belongs to. 

Instead, it was sent and now the people is was sent to are holding it? Denying it was received? I don't know. You can't talk to anybody there.

Again, anyone reading this do not pay any fees to turbotax with your federal refund.

Where did you get the information that your 2021 refund was issued already?   The IRS just began to accept e-files on January 24.    

From irs.gov dude. Turbotax and their garbage third party are holding my money hostage. Just trying to warn people.

They told me to contact my bank today if I hadn't received the money. Which I did, and of course they haven't received it because turbotax and their garbage third party bank are holding it hostage.

You did not mention how long ago the IRS refund site said your refund was issued.   The IRS tells you to allow up to five days for your refund to post to your account.   And if you used the third party bank refund processing it will take a couple of extra days.

Yes, the IRS told me to contact the bank today if I had not received my refund. I've tried. The garbage 3rd party bank turbotax uses says they have not received it on their website and says my ss# is invalid via phone # and it is impossible to talk to a human.

I'm just trying to inform anyone that sees this to not use your federal refund to pay turbotax fees. Do not use federal refund to pay fees.

Haha of course during this conversation now their website says it's been received and funded to me.

Do not use this option.

The same thing is happening to me, irs says they deposited my refund on February 9th 2022 and the TPG website says unfunded. I can’t get ahold of a real person and now turbo tax is saying they use credit karma as there third party bank and they don’t know how to help me. So now I upgraded to deluxe turbo tax to have to call around myself to find out where my taxes are. But I can’t ever get ahold of a real person through green dot Santa Barbara tax payer or whatever. How did you end up getting yours? 

I am having the same issue with last year's refund. It was sent to my closed account at my previous bank on February 2nd. The bank kicked it back to the third party that turbo uses. Impossible to speak to a human. My social security number is invalid on their site, and I opened a ticket over a week ago and haven't heard back from them since. My money is just lost in cyber space somewhere. 

Never, ever, ever use TurboTax to pay your filing fees!  I made this mistake and it cost me more than my CPA.  Plus the amount I was refunded is wrong and I cannot reach a live person at TurboTax or at at the 3rd party they use to process refunds.  My next step is contact the Attorney General for help.  This is a rip off on TurboTax part and people need to be aware!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies