turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wanting to know what I would put in for a 1099-r Form If I did a Backdoor Roth IRA conversion in 2020

I think I just need to remove my 1099-r Form on Turbotax for this year I think. I know I might need to fill it out next year. I added all the money and moved all in 2020 for 2019. I know I do need the 8606 filled out and got that one done. When I was looking at the program on how to do all of this it did say something about the 1099-r form. Only I think that it is when everything was done in 2019. SO I just want to be 100% on this before I move on and remove that form. I did not get one for my account and did not see it online. 

I was also wondering do I have to fill it out and try to figure out if I had any gains to fill it out.

I did ask about the 8606 form only, I never heard about the 1099-R to be sure about it.

Thanks so much

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Wanting to know what I would put in for a 1099-r Form If I did a Backdoor Roth IRA conversion in 2020

Just delete the unneeded 1099-R.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Ty, I was thinking that is what I needed to do. I think the only reason it showed up in the first place was I was looking for it when the help area had stated it. I really did not say if it was for 2019 or for 2020. Ty

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies