Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Used Online Deluxe in the past. Will have a 1099S (need 1040C and SE) and 1099K (need 1040 D and 8949) next year. Which product will I need ? Thanks !

This year will be a first for these items. My wife and I are seniors and retired. So these 1099's are the only time we've had additional income, since being retired. I am comfortable with the online product, have used it for years. So I imagine that whichever one I need to upgrade to, I will be able to handle, as the step-by-step guidance has always been great.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Used Online Deluxe in the past. Will have a 1099S (need 1040C and SE) and 1099K (need 1040 D and 8949) next year. Which product will I need ? Thanks !

A 1099NEC or 1099Misc is for self employment income.   You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Premium or Self Employed version or use any of the Desktop CD/Download programs. All the Desktop programs have the same forms.  You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.

You need Premier or higher to enter a K-1.  So the Self Employed version will have that too.  

I specifically have or will have the 1099S (land sale), and an ebay 1099k (will considered SE). Is the $119 Personal and Business online product still available and good for the above ?

For 2023?  If you want to use the Online version you have to wait until mid November or early December for Online to open.  The Desktop CD/Download program usually comes out in early November.  You need Premier or higher to enter a 1099S for sales.  

Yes they should still have the online Self Employed version for Personal &  Business or the Desktop Home & Business program next year.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

There will not be a Premier or Self-Employed version of TurboTax Online for 2023. They are being combined into Premium (not Premier), so that is what you will need.

There has never been a version called "Personal and Business." You might be thinking of the CD/Download Home & Business version, which is similar to the old online Self-Employed version.

Thanks, that's what I was referring to, the Desktop version. Does Turbo have the pricing on this Premium yet ?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@FlaSteve wrote:

Does Turbo have the pricing on this Premium yet ?

TurboTax is still selling Online Premium for 2022 tax returns. (People who got extensions have until October 16 to file.) TurboTax Online for 2023 will probably be available in early December, and pricing will be announced at that time.

TurboTax Online Premium for 2022 tax returns is currently $129 for federal plus $59 per state.

I believe the new Premium version (to replace online Premier and Self Employed versions) will only be for the Online version.    The Desktop CD/Download programs will still be Home & Business.  Prices won't be known until the 2023 versions are released.  I always buy at Costco when they have a coupon.  You can usually get the Desktop program on sale at stores if you look around.  

Are you wanting to switch from the Online version to the Desktop program?  You said you used Online Deluxe in the past.    Are you clear on the differences between the Online version and the Desktop program? When 2023 opens we can tell you how to transfer 2022 from Online to the Desktop program to start your 2023 return. 

The CD/Download Desktop you buy and install the program, which can do unlimited returns. The returns are only saved on your computer and can not be accessed from anywhere else. And not saved at Turbo Tax. So Be sure to save Frequently and make backups. You get 5 federal efile for free. In Deluxe and above you get 1 state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns (in that state). Each state return including the first one is $20 early or $25 to efile or you can print and mail the state for free. The Desktop programs do not have the expert help that is available to add to Online versions. And the Desktop program has many other features over the Online versions.

Thanks all. Premium Online will do it all, albeit it will be more expensive (I am prepared for $129) but it will be well worth it. With the easy guided approach that TT uses, it won't make me sweat while filling it out.

Thanks to all !

Steve

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies