Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

USAA Credit Card Transactions not Updating on mint.com

@CarissaM Mint has said this before. Months ago actually. Best notification of the long awaited fix is probably for a representative like yourself to notify all of us on this discussion thread.

I can confirm Simplifi downloads USAA credit cards.

I'm switching now. Wish I'd done it months ago.

Oh and I'm closing my Mint account. Thanks for nothing, Mint.

I already can’t see my entire transaction history. All my data for this account disappeared when this issue surfaced. 

Just got off the phone with USAA.

Re added Usaa account and it did start working.  Transactions associated with the new accounts only uploaded back a couple months.

All my transactions from the other connection still exist,  they just don't associate with a credit card.

Just want to clarify your response. Everything except your credit card transactions are showing?

@ajones0526 @t4fritz Thanks Fritz for your comment, I was able to just add a new account and login and it pulled all my USAA data in for checking/savings/autoloan/AND CREDIT CARDS!  I only had to go in and manually mark two or three months of activity in my non credit card accounts as duplicates and I'm back up and running like I was before the USAA CC website change.  

It felt like it took 2 years but I think they've finally fixed it. 

@thad11 That’s great to hear! I’m hesitant to delete my USAA accounts on Mint as I don’t want to lose 8 years of data. All my USAA accounts were still updating accept the credit card. But once USAA announced they were dropping my 2.5% cash back CC to 1.5% I stopped using that CC and made the switch to a different rewards CC. So this issue hasn’t really significantly affected me like others 

ajones0526  if you click directly into transactions, I can go back into August of last year and see the transactions from my now inactive USAA card.  you used to be able to see where the transaction was from, but now just shows the transaction without USAA associated with it.

transactions lost are from September until somewhere into January

As far as I can tell btw...i'm just another user...!

I was able to get this to connect as well. Thanks everyone who posted that this started work.

A side note for others who might have the same issue as me: When re-adding my USAA account to Mint I was getting the following error:
"error": "invalid_request",
"error_description": "Validation error"

I had to clear both my Mint cookies AND my USAA cookies in order for this to connect. I also logged completely out of Mint and USAA before clearing cookies.

I wasted quite a bit of time talking to Mint and USAA support on this issue 😳. Hopefully people see this before going through that mess.

I'm excited to be able to budget again. Cheers to everyone and happy budgeting!

ajones0526  I'm with you.  Great they finally got it fixed, but losing all those years of data is a price I can't afford to pay.

I agree. If it wont connect and update itself with the data, I can afford to remove the decade of transactions on that account.  This is one step closer but I will not continue to use Mint until rectified.

I deleted my USAA Accounts after downloading actual budget history in Excel, and started adding transactions manually as Cash in Jan 2023.

I tagged each entry as either “USAA Credit Card” or “USAA Checking” and put my account balances in as Property (+ for Checking and – for Credit Card).

My concern now is that if I re-open USAA Accounts; it will download transactions, duplicate the existing manual entries, re-categorize them and not split them into categories like I did manually.

I believe the only solution is to significantly minimize use of USAA and continue to enter manually.

Does anyone have a different answer to my dilemma?

I validate the fix too. Previously my USAA account in Mint had a litany of ‘active’ and ‘inactive/closed’ accounts. Some of the active were not updating correctly, ie the credit cards showing inactive and no transaction history. I still have my old USAA account in Mint, but added another account (my USAA again) and this account in Mint has the credit card issue fixed (shows transactions from Apr to Jan 2022 only), plus the account old/inactive accounts are gone. My wife’s USAA account also had problems, both somewhat different (would show CC balance updated but no transactions). I plan on doing the same with her USAA account (making another, newer one in Mint) to find out if the results match my updated account. Thanks for posting the update! Happy Easter!

Thanks for the info, awpridgen.  To clarify, can you tell me pls if I understand this correctly?  

• You did not delete your original USAA account from Mint
  • Instead, you went into Mint settings and initiated the addition of a new account, at which point you simply entered your same USAA account again with the same login credentials as that for your original USAA account.
  • The outcome of this was:
    • Your previously missing credit card in your original USAA account that had been marked as inactive with no transaction history disappeared.
    • That same credit card appeared as active in your new USAA account and now shows transaction history Jan 2022-April 2023.

I also have the following questions:

• Did this not result in duplicate entries for non-credit card accounts that were working fine in your original USAA account that have now been pulled in a second time into your new USAA account?
  • Did you lose any non-credit card transaction history in your original USAA account?
  • What is the length of non-credit card transaction history that was pulled into your new USAA account?

Thanks again. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies