turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Upgrade from Delux to premium!

How to I upgrade my Turbotax from delux to premium?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

If you are using the TurboTax web-based online editions click on Upgrade on the left side of the online program screen.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions click on Upgrade TurboTax (Windows OS) at the bottom right of the desktop program screen.

NOTE - You are not required to upgrade to Premier from Deluxe due to the tax data you are entering.  The software may Recommend the upgrade but it is NOT required.  All the TurboTax desktop editions have all the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  The upgrade will give you more guidance and help for your tax situation.

Was half way done on line but was for some reason using the Premium version --- I bought the Deluxe version today but now can't download the two hours of work.  IF I UPGRADE to the Premium will I be able to down load everything I did online this week?

@Buddyorliz wrote:

Was half way done on line but was for some reason using the Premium version --- I bought the Deluxe version today but now can't download the two hours of work.  IF I UPGRADE to the Premium will I be able to down load everything I did online this week?

What is preventing you from downloading the tax data file from the online edition?

1. Sign in and open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools and then Tools from the left menu.
  3. In the Tools Center pop-up, select Save your 2021 return to your computer.
  4. The file will download with the name taxReturn.tax2021.
  5. (Optional) Locate the downloaded file and change the default filename to something more recognizable, for example JohnDoeTaxReturn.tax2021 (just make sure you don't change the filename extension to the right of the dot).

I am not sure what is stopping me --- I have used Turbotax for years now but this computer though is a windows 10, is pretty old and pretty full.  the Deluxe I paid for and downloaded to over half hour to down load, and now when I saved my first page it would not open so had to delete and start over.  What I need to do is get a refund for the desktop version and then pay for and use the Premium version I had started and was about done with.  Is that possible? I tried finding the site I bought it on and am not sure which one, but I did get a code. I want to delete it and want a refund -- Hours of dealing with this is to much.

@Buddyorliz Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp
Use this TurboTax website to check your orders and payments -
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/order-status/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies