Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Upgrade from $5 TurboTax Premium to Home & Business

I've got an offer from Fidelity, for $5 I can get a download of TurboTax Premium.  I need Home & Business version.  How much will it cost to upgrade?  Is it still $15 (the difference between two versions' regular price, $115 vs $130), or is it $125 (the difference between $5 and $130)?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Slight difference in names.  Online is called Premium and the Desktop program is Premier.  You can stay in Premier.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  You really won't need to upgrade to Home & Business.  

View solution in original post

And if I remember correctly you just pay the current difference between Premier and Home & Business.  So only the $15.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TurboTax Premium if a totally different product than Home and Business and there is no way to apply that premium to home and business.  But premium has the function of the old online Self Employed.

I'm totally lost.  When you say "TurboTax Premium if a totally different product than Home and Business", do you mean that I can't upgrade from existing Premium version to Home & Business?  I thought you would be allowed to upgrade from existing Premium version to Home & Business.  My question was: how much extra would I pay doing the upgrade.

Can Premium do Schedule C and handle loss carried forward from previous years?

I mean that you cannot upgrade Premium to Home and Business.  Premium is online and Home and Business is desktop.  They are two different products.  Premium can do everything that Home and Business does.

Sorry I should've made it clear, the $5 offer is for TurboTax Premium desktop download version.  For TurboTax Premium Online version the offer says free.

Are you sure Premium can do everything Home & Business does?  Here's the comparison on Intuit website: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/desktop/

Screenshot 2024-03-03 183458.jpg

Slight difference in names.  Online is called Premium and the Desktop program is Premier.  You can stay in Premier.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.  You really won't need to upgrade to Home & Business.  

And if I remember correctly you just pay the current difference between Premier and Home & Business.  So only the $15.

Thanks!  I didn't notice the name difference between Online and Desktop versions.

I'll try out the Premier desktop version to see if it handles all my needs.

Just to conclude this thread:  following VolvoGirl's message

I went ahead

1. From my fidelity account, top-right "search" type in TurboTax discount, following the result to https://www.fidelity.com/accounts-trade/turbotax-discount
  2. Click "Get started now"
  3. Different Fidelity customers may get different discount.  I got the offer of Free Premium Online, or $5 Premier desktop download.  Follow through to purchase
  4. I paid $5 +tax to downloaded the Premier desktop version.
  5. After installation and activation I remember clicking some manual on manual bar (maybe Help?), and selected "upgrade", a screen showed up, and upgrade to "Home & Business $15" is right there.  Just follow the instruction to upgrade

Thank you VolvoGirl!

Screenshot 2024-03-03 193248.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies