Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mdmcca
Returning Member

Updating Schedule C

Hello.  I entered into TurboTax the information I received for three 1099-NEC forms.  When I got to the very end, it told me I had errors and asked me a bunch of questions (the 6 digit code for the type of work, whether I had material participation, etc.).  After entering all that stuff, I looked at the Schedule C's that were generated and realized I had made an error.  But, I cannot find anyway to update the answers to those questions.  It wasn't part of the standard flow, only asked me them when it searched for errors.  So, I thought, I can just delete that 1099 information, add them back in, then it will ask me the questions again and this time I'd get them correct.  So, I did that, but it didn't ask the questions again???  I'm guessing it's using my previous answers even though I deleted the original 1099 input.  How do I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Updating Schedule C

You need to delete the Schedule C forms as well as the 1099s.  Also, if the 1099s you received all relate to the same business, you should enter the combined total as Self-employed income rather than separate 1099-NECs.

To delete your Schedule Cs and 1099s please follow these steps:

1. Within your return in TurboTax Online search for Schedule C.
  2. Click the Jump to Schedule C link in the search results.
  3. If you get to a self-employment summary screen, delete the self-employment income line with the trash can icon.
  4. If you get to the question Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? answer No
  5. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.
  6. Click on Delete a Form
  7. Scroll down to your Schedule C and Schedule SE and click Delete if they are still there.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mdmcca
Returning Member

Updating Schedule C

Hi Alicia,

I'm using TurboTax Deluxe on my Mac, not the online version.  I tried to do the search you recommended from within my Mac version and it didn't give me "Jump to Schedule C" option so I wasn't able to take the additional steps you recommended.  I appreciate your help.

Mike

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Updating Schedule C

If searching "Schedule C" doesn't work you can try either "self employment income" (without the hyphen) or "1099-NEC" to get to the input screens. 

If you have it (I'm sorry I'm unfamiliar with the Mac version), you can switch to forms mode and choose each Schedule C and delete it in the preview screen.  There would be an icon on the upper-right of the screen when you're in your tax return, that is labeled "Forms".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies