turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

updates

What was changed in the latest updates to TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GabiU
Level 15

updates

Thanks to your feedback, Release Notes is making a comeback! We're working on a process to make sure you all get updated information. 

You've made a difference and we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us on the community. 

Happy filing! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

69 Replies

updates

Apparently what is in an update is now a secret.  For many years I've counted on being able to see release notes (as a former software developer that's a big thing to me) but TT / Intuit seems to believe that we don't deserve them anymore, that we should just accept what they choose to dump on us.  So we no longer have any way to know what they are doing.

updates

Yeah its annoying that the release notes are now secret !

Pressing the Link to release notes on the Desktop TurboTax updater takes us to https://ttlc.intuit.com/articles/4784576 which does not redirect to any place.

TurboTax Support has moved

Click here to go the new TurboTax Support

TurboTax2019UpdaterBrokenReleaseNotes - Copy.JPG

updates

I strongly suggest that everyone reading this tell Intuit (politely but firmly) how important this information is, and why.  It is my understanding that they are already hearing this from some - I think the more the merrier.  We need to know what's changed, and also what is still problematic.

updates

I strongly object to not being able to see what changed. As the tax prep season goes on, I may file and find an update changes one of the forms I used. I could at least make sure I don't have to file an amended form!

updates

Details on updates are important to be able to monitor any changes in tax calculations or to see what the problems are that are being addressed by the update. Very annoyed by this change in policy - will affect whether I use TT next year!

updates

Federal tax forms are update   then when I ask what changes...TURBO TAX master of INFO refers to Turbo Tax dead end

updates

I agree.  the updates are very important.  Need access to the latest release notes asap!

updates

Please, Please update the link so that we can see what has been updated each time!

This is critical information to your user community

NM1
Level 4

updates

Still a problem as of today's update.

20200212_StupidTurboTaxURLError.jpg

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

updates

Release notes for updates have been discontinued.  If there are any updates that affect your return, you will be notified via email.

updates

But, how do you know if it affects my form? What if I do my mother's and print it to send in? Are you only keeping track of what forms I use when I e-file with you?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

updates

Before your return is ready to be filed, TurboTax will look it over to make sure there aren't any scheduled updates that will impact your return. If there is an update that may affect your return, you will be notified and your return will not be available for filing until the update has been installed.

NM1
Level 4

updates

That's only sort of reassuring, as Intuit is not infallible and sometimes communication methods fail despite all efforts. It is also somewhat beside the point. Intuit's experts keep saying "trust us, we'll take care of you". But being clear and up-front about recent changes made to both program functionality and the tax forms is one of the best ways to retain customer trust. That's why it is standard practice for software producers to do so. Customers who aren't interested, or who don't understand these descriptions, don't have to look at them. Those of us who both want to know and do understand the information should be able to see it. The fact that Intuit is not willing to provide it - for whatever reason - is concerning, especially in an application with such high stakes in correctness and where many of us feel it is critical to understand as much as possible of what is being done.

If you want us to trust you, reconsider this decision. Thank you.

updates

Suppose I file and THEN a form is changed? This means you have to keep track of my forms after it's been filed and (as I mentioned before) I do my mother's form and print it for her. Since I'm not filling hers through you, you have to clue what forms are in play. Seems like a few problems (privacy not withstanding.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies