Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cg16

"Update available for your version of TurboTax" loop when efiling (windows)

I have 2019 Premier TT cd.  State is Illinois.
 When trying to transmit I get message "there is an update available for your version of TurboTax. Before you can file electronically, you'll need to get this update. To do this go to the online menu and select check for updates".   However, the software is updated.  I click ok, then try to transmit and same thing all over again. Stuck in loop.  I separated the federal from state and federal transmitted.  So the problem is tied to transmitting the state return.  I see people in NY and MA have a similar problem but cant tell if it is current year or not. And I see no solution for Illinois. Any solution/patch from TurboTax ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here to see if you are able to force update the software using the provided instructions. If this works or if you need more assistance, please let us know.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cg16

The software is updating automatically.  I can see the Federal updates apply to TT.   This problem is somehow tied to the State portion of the software. So unless TT figures out a patch, or I can somehow manually download updates for ILLINOIS, I guess I am out of luck.  Is there a link to manually download updates for Illinois? Can you send me the link?

Therocksc

I'm in Illinois and I'm having the same issue!  I've tried downloading it manually and still nothing.  I saw somebody said they deleted older versions of TT they had on there computers and redownloaded the software and it worked but I don't want to do that because I already paid for the E-File and I don't want to pay again.  Can anyone help?

I am having the same problem!
I already paid.  This is awful!
They have found a workaround for New York and Massachusetts but not Illinois

Jugewell

same for Kansas and I already paid.  When will the other states get an update?  This is ridiculous...

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Customer Care and let the agent on the phone know that this is a known issue and that you need to be pushed a download; a federal soft and then a state. Once the new download is pushed, you should be able to e-file with no further issues. To contact Customer Care please click the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

Thank you @ChondelLO!
Your solution is the only one that worked.
They sent me a new state download and I was able to transmit it.

jmulsman

I had this problem while trying to eFile for Massachusetts on 2/29/2020 .  There is an update that doesn't get installed by the updater, but it worked for me.  I got it from

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/there-is-an-update-available-for-your-version-of-t...

DID NOT WORK...WHATS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS THIS YEAR... TOOK MY MONEY FOR THE EFILE THEN WONT UPDATE.....ERROR SAYS I NEED TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE FIRST??????WTF????? you SUCK

FRAUD

FRAUD FRAUD

GETTING READY TO POST ABOUT YOUR SOFTWARE, ANY IDEA WHAT iM GOING TO SAY??? h&r block

TT IS A FRAUD!!!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

If you are stuck in a loop, please follow the steps in this article to end the Loop Cycle and e-file.

TJS123

I had this issue as well. I also tried the download that others mentioned. Uninstalling/Reinstalling Turbo Tax Deluxe 2019 is what resolved my transmission issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies