Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Update and state download not working. Update progress window just stays frozen. Is there another way to get state (using deluxe/with state product online)

I installed the  Deluxe and  then had to uninstalled it because I got the  Home and Business.  After installing the Home and Business I got caught in the state download loop.  I did what you said... some what.  I didn't copy the prior year  folder for the state.  I copied the state file from current Deluxe because it was still there even though I had uninstalled it.  After I pasted the file in the Home and Business forms folder, I restarted Turbo Tax and IT WORKED. Genius ! Your method is the fix and I thank you.

chasm1cm
Returning Member

Update and state download not working. Update progress window just stays frozen. Is there another way to get state (using deluxe/with state product online)

Refund????  Seriously???  This is America 2020 and you don't get no stinkin refund nowadays.

mcdon

Starting Windows in Selective Startup Mode and reinstalling the patch from there finally solved it for me. Applying the patch without Selective Startup Mode did not work. Thanks for the link.

This works. Thank you!

Same here. Endless loop. Damit TT. Fix ur screw ups. I want a tax person to respond with a solution or how I can e-file my fed and state for free. I paid 60 at Target for deluxe. Put in LIC codes to activate and now can't even download my state. FIX IT  I'm Soo off now b.c I spent hours tryin diff eats to download or file my fed w.o laying 110$  we hen I already paid at the Target store!!!!!

Thank you so much vang2k. That totally fixed my problem of TurboTax only updating without actually starting the state return. I reinstalled more times than I can count before that.

TJC2
Level 1

This worked for me and I was able to get my taxes e-filed

Thank you.  That worked. 

lamsao

This trick works for me as well.  Thanks.

That only works if you bought it from Intuit, not Amazon.  They have no record of external purchases.

This worked for me.

This answer and the download file is for Windows (you poor people).  Is there a version for Mac? (Poor me.) 

$INTU has gone from a quality company to junk. It could be bad management. I don't know. But with GREED eventually $INTU is going to tank to $0 as more and more people figure out that for something as simple as state download, the software just won't work. I thought $INTU was an empire in the making but it has sadly become a fly by the night operator of making money in the short run. This company ain't no Apple or Microsoft or Amazon that's going to listen to customers and improve a really simple product.

Short $INTU and tell your friends too.

The state download is only available if you purchased it separately, not if you are supposed to get a free download as part of TurboTax Premier. I have been trying to get a state download for two days and now find this is a common problem Inexcusable.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are posting on a thread from last tax season. Can you please post a specific question so that we can assist you?

@smitchell1150

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies