Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

Also having the same message

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

I have premier, and getting the same error message as everyone else. Suspect a script is down

I'm also facing this issue. I tried Chrome and Safari on OS X and both behave identically. Please fix - 1099-B is by far the most painful form for me to type by hand.

I believe this issue began en masse on Friday for many Schwab users.    TurboTax Support should find out about it today (Monday).  How soon there will be a fix, I don't know.

I reached out to them on Twitter and got the response below:

"This is something that we are currently aware of, at this time you will need to manually enter this information."

Curious if anyone knows of another online service that supports connecting to Schwab? Doesn't seem like it is a very high priority issue for them.

Everyone,

1:04 PM Eastern Time.

This appears to be woking now. I was able to log in and import. I'm not sure all my info was informed but some was. I'll have to compare to the physical report.

Let me know if you agree.

Still not able to import from Schwab. My promised call from TurboTax "in 68 minutes" has not happed. It's been more than three hours. About ready to change products.

@aircraft ace wrote:

Still not able to import from Schwab. My promised call from TurboTax "in 68 minutes" has not happed. It's been more than three hours. About ready to change products.

What reason is is giving?   The problem discussed in this thread no no longer exists.   Your problem is probably different.    In order to import your Schwab account must be set to allow 3rd party access.  That is an option in Schwab.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The issue has NOT been resolved. The issue I'm having is the same as the issue first reported in this thread. Same problem. Not resolved. Issue exists only with trying to import from CS. Not a CS issue. Not an ID issue. Not a PW issue. 

The issue remains for NUMERIC IDs. I can import with my alphabet ID. TurboTax cut me off mid-call, so still not resolved.

Still not fixed for numeric login IDs. Have spoken with TT, which said it would be fixed. Nope.

Still unresolved. I've now spoken with TT three times. They acknowledge the problem but nothing gets done to fix it. 

@aircraft ace wrote:

Still unresolved. I've now spoken with TT three times. They acknowledge the problem but nothing gets done to fix it. 

Exactly what problem are you having?   Is there an error message?  What does it say?

The problem discussed in this thread has been fixed.

To change your Login ID, please enter and verify a new Login ID . After pressing "Submit", you will be required to log in again with your new Login ID.

• Your new Login ID must include 6-20 characters. 
  • All numeric Login IDs are not permitted. 
  • Symbols are not permitted. 
  • Login IDs are not case sensitive. 
  • Social Security Numbers are not permitted as Login IDs.

Examples of valid Login IDs: kev627in, robert4123

Password Guidelines

• Password must contain at least one letter
  • Password must contain at least one number
  • Password must be 6 characters or more in length
  • Both new passwords entered must match

Your new Password:

• Can contain commonly used symbols (!@#$%^&, etc.)
  • Is case-sensitive (exAMp1e)
  • Cannot match or contain your Login ID, SSN or Tax ID
  • Can have internal spaces. Cannot have leading or trailing spaces.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

********** THE PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN FIXED **********

The problem is as follows:

I need to import my 1099s from Charles Schwab. There are two boxes in TT to connect to Schwab: one for the Login ID and one for the password. When I type in my Login ID, I get the following error: "The entered value does not meet the Login ID requirements." This is BEFORE I type in my password and BEFORE I even try to connect to Schwab. 

So, this is EXACTLY the same problem as is addressed in this thread. TT did fix the issue with regard to Schwab Login IDs that only contain letters but has NOT fixed the issue with regard to Schwab Login IDs that are entirely numeric, like mine.

As I mentioned earlier, I've spoken with TT three times and have shared my screen, so they understand the issue. They have confirmed that the issue STILL EXISTS with regard to numeric IDs. So please stop telling me it's been resolved. It hasn't been.

@aircraft ace wrote:

that are entirely numeric, like mine.

Did you read my post above?

"All numeric Login IDs are not permitted"

That is copied directly from the Schewab website - that is Schwab's rules, not TurboTax.    You should talk to schwab if you don't like it.    TurboTax is only acting in accord with Schwab's own rules.

https://client.schwab.com/secure/cc/help/service/my_profile/login_password

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies