It sounds like your login information may be incorrect.
If that is not the case, you may wish to enter in your information manually.
Here's where you enter your 1099-B in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
- In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
- Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
- At Let's get your tax info, choose type it in yourself.
- Follow the instructions.
Here's how to enter your 1099-DIV in TurboTax Online:
- Open or continue your return.
- Search for 1099-DIV and select the Jump to link in your search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you receive any dividend income?
- Choose your bank or brokerage from the list to import your 1099-DIV and select Continue or manually enter your 1099-DIV by selecting I'll type it in myself.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your 1099-DIV.
Here's how to enter a 1099-INT:
- Open (continue) your return if it's not already open.
- Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-INT and select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you receive any interest income? If you see Here's the interest we have so far, select Add interest income.
- On the following screen, select how you want to enter your 1099-INT and follow the on-screen instructions.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
This is clearly incorrect, and it doesn't sound like you understand the issue at all.
The exact error message is "the entered value does not meet the Login ID requirements" which appears BEFORE it allows me to connect to my Schwab account. So my credentials cannot be incorrect because they were never entered. Stop copy and pasting generic responses, I can't be the only one having this issue.
I am in the exact same boat. No matter what you enter for username it complains that "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements". This is clearly a bug on Turbtax end. I have tried in multiple browsers, and multiple Schwab accounts.
I have exactly the same problem. As soon as the first character in either the password or logon ID is entered, the red text underneath the field changes from "This field is required" to the error message in the subject line. I've never seen such an error before -- anywhere.
In all fairness, though, Turbo does say, "Your credentials are safe with us." I guess they are safe enough if they can't be entered at all!
This is really lousy, because these are the longest forms for me to enter, by far. This feature worked last year and the previous. Surely it worked earlier THIS year, else there would be more complaints than from the past two days only.
Bad karma for starting my taxes so late? Since no subsequent answers are coming after the posts of yesterday, I cannot assume that waiting one more day will do any good. And therefore I must begin to type, type, type...
The same issue is present for the "Schwab . com Password:" field. No matter what you enter, it says "
Schwab only requires the usual user name and password. however. Schwab may have changed the password requirements. so go to the Schwab website and try changing your password or call customer service 800-435-4000
you may need the online premier version to import? for desktop basic should work
Situations not covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:
Business or 1099-MISC income
Rental property income
Credits, deductions and income reported on schedules 1-3, such as the Student Loan