turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sbarro4
Returning Member

Unable to enter bank info

I am ready to efile and I added my bank information. This is the same bank info/routing/account # that I used in the past. I have checked the numbers 20 times (at least). I have restarted the efile process and reentered the numbers.

But, TT won't accept the numbers. I only get a message "Please verify your account number has been entered correctly." I then recheck the numbers and they are fine. I am unable to get past this point (although apparently I could mail my return in and wait 2 months for my return...).

Has anyone encountered this and figured out how to get passed this? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
sbarro4
Returning Member

I figured it out and thought someone else might encounter this problem.

I had to manually open the form (using the forms tab on the top of the TT window) that contains my banking information. My bank account number was written twice in the account number box.

When I entered it into the TT guide me area, my account number was duplicated (software glitch) into the actual form.

Anyway, I retyped my bank info manually on the actual form and then went back to the guide me process to finish efiling. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sbarro4
Returning Member

I figured it out and thought someone else might encounter this problem.

I had to manually open the form (using the forms tab on the top of the TT window) that contains my banking information. My bank account number was written twice in the account number box.

When I entered it into the TT guide me area, my account number was duplicated (software glitch) into the actual form.

Anyway, I retyped my bank info manually on the actual form and then went back to the guide me process to finish efiling. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies