turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tpham1002012
Returning Member

Turboxtax asked the Document ID on the upper right corner of 1099B form from Tradestation for example S210 09 Axxxx but it rejected . Please help me Thank you

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

Turboxtax asked the Document ID on the upper right corner of 1099B form from Tradestation for example S210 09 Axxxx but it rejected . Please help me Thank you

The small print on that screen says the Document ID is "from the mailer page of the 2019 tax package received."

Can you find it that way

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tpham1002012
Returning Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I got the form similar to page 9 on this link and I enter all the number such as S210 09 Axxxx , or Tax ID xxx-xx-xxxx (my SSI) or payer 65-xxxxxxx but they are all rejected by TurboTax with error "Invalid Signon)

https://uploads.tradestation.com/uploads/Futures-Statements-Guide.pdf?_ga=2.[social security number ...

Regards

Thuy

Anonymous
Not applicable

in the upper right corner on the 1st page there should be something labeled document ID.  that's what must be entered  need help - call them  

jmp470

I'm having the same exact problem with Tradestation and I have the document ID from 1099.   Has this been resolved yet?  As I called Tradestation and they say my Document ID is correct and should work.  So now I'm waiting for turbo tax to call me back!

I'm also having the same issue importing the form from TradeStation. I've done the following:

• enter the codes without spaces
  • with spaces
  • just the last two segments
  • just the first two

Is there anything special that needs to be used or a special format to enter the numbers? 

Thuy, I think for futures you may want to just enter it manually since it's just a few lines. On equities is when it becomes a pain. Don't forget that if you had losses on futures they should be entered as 1256. 

tpham1002012
Returning Member

Hi Conde,

The problem is TurboTax asked for Tradestation login ID and Document ID in order to import the 1099B form there is no such option for user to enter the gain/loss from 1099B manually

Thanks

Thanks Thuy, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried entering my TradeStation Login ID where it says account ID and the Document Id (including spaces) on the top right of the document? 2020-02-18 22_32_46-Clipboard.png and I get the same error message. 

Same problem here trying to import 1099 from Tradestation into Turbotax 2019

After entering the Document ID from the Tradestation 1099, Turbotax pops up with this error message.

Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 8.26.27 AM.png

I called Tradestation client services today and they could not help with this.

tpham1002012
Returning Member

Hi All,

I just called Trade station and also got this email from them

Hi ,

Unfortunately the substitute 1099 form for futures account does not have an official document ID number that can be imported into Turbo Tax.

Please use the Statements or Trades & Other Transactions feature if you require further information for preparing your taxes.

For further inquiry into this matter, please reply to this email or call the Client Services Department.

Sincerely,

So this is big problem for me because without this document ID Turbo tax doesn't allow to login to import the form 1099 B from Trade station.

There is no way to enter it manually.

What should I do ?

I already finished most of my parts in claiming the tax for last year but get stuck here.

Please help

Thanks

Hi, I was able to enter my 1099B for futures manually. Like I mentioned above I had losses so I had to use a form 1256, but I am sure there is an option of entering manually. Just try 3 times and it will give you the option. Your 1099B on futures is just a few lines, you should be able to enter it manually.

About my equities where I really need to use a 1099B and was having the issues on this topic, I emailed client support from TradeStation and they fixed it for me. 

tpham1002012
Returning Member

Would you tell me which number on 1099B form you enter for Document ID . I have loss too

Thank you

If you had a loss on your futures and need to enter a 1256 form follow this thread.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/investments-and-rental-properties/discussion/where-do-i-enter-regu...

The document ID I tried to use is the one on the top right of form, it has the account number with some extra digits in the middle of it. But again, I ended up following the link above and worked just fine. 

tpham1002012
Returning Member

It asks for the Straddle loss Sales Price which doesn't report in 1099 B from Trade Station.

Do you need to get that from Trade Station ? It is very difficult to have them answer the phone.

Thank you

Regards

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies