turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

M_T
Level 2

TurboTax won't efile because it says Form 14039 (ID theft) has improper home phone number. It is of form "(xxx) xxx-xxxx" exactly as cell phone. How to bypass and efile?

It complained during reviews, but I could bypass that.  The form appears exactly as cell phone.  AHH... Fixed it. I had to enter "xxxxxxxxxx". Cell phone number was entered that way(numbers only) but showed as "(xxx) xxx-xxxx".  If it matters, Mac version of TurboTax Deluxe
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
M_T
Level 2

TurboTax won't efile because it says Form 14039 (ID theft) has improper home phone number. It is of form "(xxx) xxx-xxxx" exactly as cell phone. How to bypass and efile?

As shown in details, I fixed it by entering it without punctuation.  (Punctuation wasn't added to it as I entered the home phone;  Punctuation was added to cell phone number as I entered it.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
M_T
Level 2

As shown in details, I fixed it by entering it without punctuation.  (Punctuation wasn't added to it as I entered the home phone;  Punctuation was added to cell phone number as I entered it.)

Returning Member

hello,

I'm going to be doing my taxes with you again very soon but right now I need the EIN number for unemployment benefits can you send me this.

Thank You,

[removed]

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

@129604583 You should receive a 1099-G to report your income from unemployment compensation. You would look for the TIN (tax identification number) located on that form instead of an EIN (employer identification number).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies