Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

susieskor

TurboTax saying a W-2c is on the way?

I am getting the same error message, saying a W-2c is on the way.  Social Security tax was not fat-fingered when input and is exactly 6.2%.

Turbo Tax???

yayachin

Glad I checked the TT message board.  I got the same message.  I contacted my husband's accounting dept. to see if their system produced some glitch but it looks like it is an issue with TT software.  I will try the actions recommended in other responses.  Thanks

Last year filing through turbo tax left me owing 600. After rejected over and over I did exactly the same through credit carma with a 200 dollar refund. That's 800 dollar difference between the two sites and I only made a tiny $20,000. That's too small of income for that large a difference. 

pburris59

W-2c is on the way? Well this is new. I am self employed and pay quarterly estimated taxes. Lines 3 and 4 on my w-2 are always blank (and have been for 29 years). My social security taxes are calculated by Turbo Tax and not my employer as they are part of my estimated tax payments. There's nothing my employer has to correct on my w-2. I have never deferred any social security payments on any given year. Any deferment would have been generated by the Turbo Tax software. This has to be a glitch in their software. I guess I'll be spending some time on the telephone tomorrow.

pburris59

I went to FreeTaxUSA and saved $130 and it was easy and painless. And with no indication that I deferred my social security taxes. I have better things to do with my time and don't and don't want to spend it sitting on the phone dealing with a glitch in the TruboTax software. After all these years I think I'm finally finished with TurboTax. I guess I'm just out $42 and I'll get over it eventually!!!

I just applied the latest updates to TurboTax DT Win10 (ver 2020.48.19.69) and it seems to resolve the issue (atleast in my situation) that resulted in this erroneous message. 

SAME!!!  (eye roll)

and we also did NOT defer ANY SS.  

Hey Guys,

So I had been seeing this issue for past 2 weeks and just 5 mins ago I clicked Online Tab above and checked for updates and there was a new update there and when I updated the Software, this error went away. I think TurboTax have fixed this error on the latest update so update your software to the latest one.

I saved 400 dollars last year when I switched from turbo tax

Glad I checked here because I got the same warning for the very first time today (Feb 27). I am using Desktop TT Deluxe + State edition on Mac.

It indeed seems like a new bug on both the online and desktop versions. I cannot e-file as is since I include Form 8833, so I am going to ignore the warning and proceed making my returns pdf. 

dockblie

How do you know

I also got the Heads Up! Notification about deferred Social Security taxes. I rounded up to 0.50 for Box 4, and the notification disappeared.  I am re-recording the correct amount for Box 4.  Can I ignore the Notification?

Cjm1988

Mine has been accepted but hasn't progressed in over 7 days... What about you?

I filed mine two days ago and I also got this message as well but I ha dthe same employers for almost 2 years so when I filed last year I haven't changed anything and last year I didn't have this problem either. 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you got the message  "Heads up! You have a W-2C coming" .  This was fixed in the newest release on 2/19/2020.  Please be sure you have all current updates.

Only the customers who now legitimately will receive a W-2C will still get the pop up.

A W-2c form is used by the United States Internal Revenue Service for tax filing and reporting services. This form is known as a Corrected Wage and Tax Statement form.

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/it-says-i-am-getting-a-w-2c-for-deferred-soc...>

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies