Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sdsurfer

TurboTax saying a W-2c is on the way?

how do we Delete forms 7202 - Covid "Self-employment tax deferral"?

Haninka

I get the same message. Additionally I cannot enter social security amount and federal taxes withdrawn.The field is grey and does not respond. 

Piedmont
Returning Member

Note:  Your solution does not work for everyone. For example, I do not have a form 7202.  Suggest you either delete (or modify) your recommendation accordingly. Best regards.

I did not say I am TurboTax expert. There is a solution can work for some people. If it doesn’t work for you then find your own answer 

You might want to ask the experts here to do the right way.

Click on “forms” icon on the top, then in the search field entered “7202” and you will see if you have 7202 generated. Click on the form to open and then choose “delete”

I too had the same issue, since everyone is having the same issue I just went ahead and sent it. It could be a bug

dmac2053

same issue with me.  They weren't able to answer the question when I called.  I have used the desktop version for over 20 years and very disappointed with the Online version as well as their ability to answer questions...

aoin5r877

I didnt use nor is form 7202 listed in my return and I also am receiving the w-2c message. My deduction is just a few cents off of the 6.2% calc. I also checked with my payroll company and they stated they do not have aw-2c for me. I'm not a fan of modifying a value (as mentioned) to eliminate the incorrect "w-2c on the way" message.  TT should fix this bug.

latest from help in TurboTax (search in application for w-2c in help):

Some TurboTax customers are seeing the following warning message while reviewing their tax return: “Heads up! You have a W-2c coming.”

If you believe you received this message in error, you can continue to file your tax return.

We expect this issue to be resolved by 2/26/2021.

But I tried continuing to file, and it sent me to check the entry on 1040: Line 11 is too large, even though Line 11 is 0 and I said I didn't want to defer any payment.

I'll wait until 2/26, but annoying that I today received a message from TurboTax that the price will increase on 2/28!

Rosebud5

Yes, I got this same error. I agree it is a rounding error (at least in my instance). Box 3 is rounding up while Box 4 is rounding down. So for test purposes only, I rounded up Box 4 and error message no longer appears. As mentioned before, rounding the numbers are just for test  purposes, so you can validate why the error message is happening. You need to set Box 3 and Box 4 back to the original correct values, you will get the W2c error message, but you can just ignore it and move forward.

Jorgy54

Do you have an excess contribution on Form 8889 for your HSA? If so that is what the FICA is due on. 

Thanks, I did not have an excess HSA contribution.

I got this message today, too.  I did my taxes a week ago and decided to go back over them because I made a mistake w/ the HSA.  I didn't get this message the last time so I feel like they updated something that is generating this message.  But, I never deferred any taxes and I doubt that my employer is sending me a W-2C.

I am receiving the same message that I should receive a W-2c.  I have never deferred my SS.  Therefore I work for the state school system and they give all employees a certain tax credit. I have never had this problem filing before. There is something wrong with this software programming.  

@lashawn12james wrote:

I am receiving the same message that I should receive a W-2c.  I have never deferred my SS.  Therefore I work for the state school system and they give all employees a certain tax credit. I have never had this problem filing before. There is something wrong with this software programming.  

There is a software update coming on 02/25/2021 that should remove this message.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies