Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dbsunset
Returning Member

TurboTax Premium not showing running refund/owe information

If any of you move to another program and it's more functional that the now-unusable TT, please post it here so the rest of us can make the move immediately. TT -- you are very very VERY foolish to make this change.

Things to try.....

Click < or > to get the refund monitor to appear.  You might also have to toggle off that “race mode” or click Review.

Try clicking on Review on the right side.  See the screen shots on this old thread

Why isn't the running total of my tax due showing anymore?

dbsunset
Returning Member

None of it works; these things everyone keeps mentioning do NOT exist in whatever garbage version those experiencing this issue have been "given" ... we don't see the same things some of you others see and nothing we do fixes it. What an absolute nightmare. TT is also not calculating correctly (or I'm inputting something wrong); this year by earnings are almost identical to last year's yet it's coming up with a massive tax bill that this 4 times higher than it should be. Yet if I"m inputting something wrong it's impossible to see where the error is happening b/c there is no running tally. Thanks, TT -- you've totally screwed me/us!

MrsE
Level 2

@VolvoGirl I appreciate the suggestion, but this is even more discouraging if it's been happening for over a year now and it's still not fixed. The only "work around" is accessing the 1040 under Tax Tools, but what a waste of time. Doing my taxes takes long enough; stopping to switch screens to check the 1040 is time I just don't have to spare - let alone doing all of this complaining. I'm considering just purchasing the downloaded program and starting over. Thanks for the suggestion but I just really want it fixed.

Rriems

Mine tax owed or refund showed up at the top after I saved my return information the first time. See if saving your return helps. Good Luck

AJ7401

Turbo Tax...bring back the refund monitor!!!!!   This is beyond frustrating and I've spent over an hour trying to make this work TWICE now!!!!!    I'll be leaving Turbo Tax if this isnt an option anymore.  Alot of what I choose to input is based off what the monitor says (example...adding more into my Traditional IRA account to lower my taxable income) I rely on the monitor!!!   

AJ7401

couldnt agree more.... BRING IT BACK TURBO TAX!  Alot of us use TT because of the monitor!!!   This is lame

If I could give negative stars I would. Whatever update they made from last year ruined my whole experience. It should and never be this complicated to file my taxes. What an absolute joke. I will be doing my taxes somewhere else next year. Hellen Keller must have just updated the way filing should work this year. Turboass.

Anyone find a solve for this yet? 

This is a critical feature to me. I will not use TT without it. 

DNM1
Level 1

OK, so I spent an hour on the phone with TurboTax help last night, and finally figured it out. If you enter in your W-2 information, and then stop, and go directly to Federal Review on the left hand side, then go ALL the way through the review process (bypass anything that tells you it requires your attention), at the end it will FINALLY show up. Then, it will stay there, and you can go back and enter all your information in, and it will calculate for you as it has in prior years.

They really need to fix this for years going forward, but at least it's not gone altogether.

Hopefully this helps others, because it was really frustrating trying to figure it out.

Thank you @DNM1 — this seems to have worked for me. Feels like a major software miss on their part, but happy to have a solve for now.

THANK YOU!!!!

This FINALLY worked! Thank you for spending an hour on the phone with TT and for posting about your experience. I tried this and it worked... Crisis averted 🙂 Hope TT fixes this issue moving forward.

MK

Agreed that this is a really terrible change. I've been using TurboTax (and, before that, Mac in Tax) for decades. This running total is critical as a check on the accuracy of my entries. 

Intuit, please bring it back for TY 2024!!

rezash

Knowing how much tax I own while working on this was one of the main reason I used this product.  removing it is purely stupid. My tax is very complex, I have to add many small things that don't matter. It is very important for me to be able to get some bulk estimate on my situation.

If anyone find another software that can do this, please reply. (Assuming Intuit won't remove it)

thank you!! you made my day!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies