Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sconrad

Turbotax Premier Stuck at Activation Window

Thank you for posting this! I was getting so frustrated! Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted new laptop, etc. Changed the resolution, and although I couldn't see the activation code when typing it in, it accepted it and was able to continue. Ridiculous! Turbotax needs to fix this ASAP!

Oh my goodness! 5 hours of searching Google, Uninstalling, reinstalling, removing firewalls (so many of them!), removing virus scans and I couldn't get it to work.   You have totally fixed it!  Thank you😁

jpelant

Your husband is a Rockstar.  Same problem.  My husband spent hours on it.  I took over and did a search and now I can rub it in that "I figured it out".

r_medina

Thank you - it worked... 

RM

Nystem

Thank you so much for posting this . Lots of positive vibes for you. Thanks again. TurboTax should notice this. They are just painting money. They didn’t even upgrade the display settings on the software. With the new computers.

Such a ridiculous silly adjustment, but changing the screen resolution totally worked!!! Your husband was a genius! Thank you for the help! 

loabjag

This is CRAZY!!  After spending over an hour installing/uninstalling and trying to contact TT, I came upon this thread.  I changed the display settings and wouldn't you know it.   

Thank you so much!!!!!!

I will relay this simple solution to other users.

MareMare

Oh my goodness! It worked. After multiple installs and uninstalls,  many windows updates, talking to the help line  with no success this worked. I have worked with computers many, many years and should have thought about something like this could be the issue.  I  have been going through all of my settings as this was a new computer with windows 10. I have spent a good sixteen hours trying to figure this one out. When I saw your post I thought this makes sense as I have seen this happen with other applications in the past. Thank you soo much! The easy thing is often overlooked!

Thank you sharing this tip! I was also having issues and tried multiple approached to solve for it before coming across this suggestion.

AJC77

I purchased a Turbo Tax Premier 2020 Download today with same "activation freeze" problem as described below by gaillaustx and used this couple's "1366x768" display fix with immediate success.  Thanks much folks!

VJN18

Thanks for the screen resolution trick. I had the same issue with my TurboTax premier software installed on my PC today. I changed the screen resolution to 1366x768 and it worked.

dm2021

Thank you!  Removing a flash drive solved my issue with 2019 Premiere and the Activation Code message.  It's weird, and I couldn't get to TT's Tech Support!  (I did get lost in the tech support queue and spoke to a very nice CPA ... I'm not sure how I got routed to their queue.)  I've used TT for 25+ years  ...  I'm thinking about changing this year.  TT should have posted more Help Docs instead of:  1. Turn off your firewall; 2. FlushDNS; 3. Reboot the router;  etc.  I'm not sure about the Tech-side of TT.  My other TT software (2016, 2017, 2018) - they all worked fine with the flash attached.    

Replying to this solution for the activation screen freezing, "My wise husband began looking for what was different. After hours of fussing, he changed the display from 1920x1080 to the same as my old machine, 1366x768." ME -  IT WORKED!!!!  Thanks, I tried so many other things and nothing else worked...  

A million thanks for your hubby figuring it out and your posting it.

I wouldn't believe it at the first glimpse, so I went clearing cache and fixing dns stuff. But eventually, it's the screen resolution.

I can't believe Intuit did this on us! This is so 1999.

JB2222

This worked! Thank you so much for sharing this advice. I worked on this for 3 hours before finding this tip.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies