Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VAer
Level 4

TurboTax Premier 2022 Federal E-File + State Download, for PC/Mac, Includes $10 Credit in Product

I have only one state. how much more do I need to pay for state e-filing? What is e-file fee for each state return?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

TurboTax Premier 2022 Federal E-File + State Download, for PC/Mac, Includes $10 Credit in Product

With the Desktop program Deluxe and higher you get 1 Free State PROGRAM download.  To prepare unlimited state returns in that state.  Then each state efile is $20 to efile ($25 after March 1).   Or you can print and mail state for free.  

We will have to wait and see how the $10 credit works.  Hopefully it comes off the $20 efile fee.  

VAer
Level 4

@VolvoGirl 

Thanks. $10 credit has to come off from state e-file fee, which is the only cost after buying the software.

Did they offer $10 credit in previous years?

But this is my first year using desktop version, I used to e-file from turbo official website.

No this $10 credit is new.  That's why we don't know how it works exactly.  But it could come off other things like if you have to buy a different state program or added Max to your federal return.  There can be other optional services you can add on in the desktop program.

I have been using Turbo Tax for years. I paid $59.99 for deluxe federal. Then because I had cashed in some bonds, IL would not free file. I was charged $45.00 by Turbo Tax, plus an additional $25.00 to efile in late March.

That adds up to about $130. Wowee, I wish I know that little glitch in the IL free file before I started.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is not a glitch. Discounted products always increase to regular price on March 1st. If you want to take advantage of the discounts you will have to file before then. @chitowncrystal44

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My state changed the rules for free efile. I had to subtract some savings bond interest making it necessary for me to purchase the state. DID not want to wait and go to P.O. to mail etc. so I just paid to e fail,

Additonal $45 plue $25 for efile. Had filed my Federal earlier.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies