turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax fails to import 1099 from Robinhood. It was supposed to be available by today. Only reason for using TurboTax was so I don't have to enter transactions by hand.

If you're anxious to file, print the consolidated 1099-B and use the summary option for Category A or D.
If you have adjustments TurboTax will mark you  "M" (mail in)
If no adjustments, guess what, you don't have to mail and you don't have to Import.
Either way, you will be able to e-File immediately.

TurboTax fails to import 1099 from Robinhood. It was supposed to be available by today. Only reason for using TurboTax was so I don't have to enter transactions by hand.

Help?

Go directly to the Robinhood site and make sure they have posted your 1099,

Hey there! I had the same problem. Make sure you are selecting Robinhood Apex. Once I did this, I had no more problems!

NY DOOSH
Returning Member

I am having problem uploading my 1099. "1099forms not yet available for tax year" is the message error I get from TurboTax but I can see the forms on my robinhood account.

Robinhood documents are ready. My error message is

"Robinhood - Robinhood Securities:

Invalid Signon"

Signon is handled using acct# and document ID, so this isn't my usual account login. (Robinhood has no issues whatsoever with my real login). As the original poster in 2019 notes, the value of Turbotax is not entering transactions by hand. So, when do I get to import Robinhood documents?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using TurboTax Premier? Here is the FAQ concerning the Robinhood and TurboTax upload.

How to upload your 1099 to TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax Home and Business. I don't know, nor should I have to care, what Premier is.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@fkingfisher Can you confirm that you are logging in with your 9-digit account number and 11-digit document ID, with no spaces?  Both of these numbers are located at the top of your tax form.

Also, keep in mind that if you're attempting to import Crypto 1099-B forms, import is different from above and will not be available until February 18, 2022.

I can confirm. The import works for Vanguard and JP Morgan.

SharpTax

I am having the same issues as @ fkingfisher with the failure of TurboTax importing 1099s. I have logged in both of my account number and document ID without spaces, just to receive the same message: Robinhood - Robinhood Securities: Invalid Signon. I have received this message seven times today and four of those times were when I was talking to Robinhood's Support Team.

Just for future clarification: I do not have a Robinhood Crypto. I also tried the signing on to my Robinhood account through TurboTax and received the following: "This import was unsuccessful. No problem - we'll help you enter the information and continue with your return." 

Can TurboTax correct this issue before April 15th?

DavidD66
Employee Tax Expert

I can't help if the 1099 download isn't working; however, there is an alternative if your 1099-B won't import.  You can enter category totals instead of individual transactions.  To do so,

• Click on Search
  • In the Search Window type 1099-B
  • Click on Jump to 1099-B
  • Click Add more sales (if the account you were trying to download is showing, delete it first)
  • Click on the box with Stocks, Bonds, Mutual Funds  and click on Enter
  • On the Let's import your tax info screen, click on I'll type it myself at the bottom right of the page
  • Enter your Broker, and click on Continue
  • On the page with "Tell us about your 1099-B sales for this brokerage account" answer the question about employee stock & the number of sales, etc.
  • click the button "Enter sales section totals" and click on Continue
  • Locate your sales section totals on your 1099-B
  • Enter your Investment Sales Section Totals and repeat till you have entered for each category.

After entering all your sales section totals,  Look for "Now we'll help you upload your 1099-B since the IRS requires a copy" and follow the instructions,  or you can mail a paper copy of your 1099-B to the IRS.  If you want to mail, click on "How do I mail my statement".

Take a moment to double-check that your statements are complete. For each sale listed, there should be:

•  - A Description
  •  - Date Acquired
  •  - Date Sold
  •  - Sales Price
  •  - Cost Basis
  •  - Gain or loss for each sale
  •  - A based on how the sale was reported to you and the IRS

In some uncommon cases, there will be an adjustment code and adjustment amount.

NOTE: Any sales summaries that include only Box A or Box D sales, and which have no adjustments to gain/loss, do not need to be included on a statement mailed to the IRS.

Here's how to mail your statements:

If you are e-filing your tax return, then mail your statements along with Form 8453 to:

Internal Revenue Service

Attn: Shipping and Receiving, 0254

Receipt and Control Branch

Austin, TX 73344-0254

If you are not e-filing, then mail your statements with your entire tax return to your local IRS office.

The 1099-B is handled by csv import, so isn't a problem. 1099-B is not my problem.

Same old regurgitated BS response. Whats the point of using this software when a simple task as loading cost basis cannnot be accomplished? Useless. 

This is clearly a Robinhood issue I called them yesterday told them the problem they said they would look into it an email me.

they sent me an email with the same bull they have on their site .

but I  did notice this paragraph 

"Your tax data may not yet be available on the Open Financial Exchange [OFX] 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies