turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax CD license code for digital download: switching platforms (Mac/Windows)

The license code that comes with a CD purchase of TurboTax can also be used for a digital download at installturbotax.com, but it seems the platform selected for the digital download becomes the only platform option available thereafter; for example, if I download for Windows but then also want to download for Mac, I get an error, requiring the CD. Is there a way to add to or switch the digital download platform options, seeing as installing from the CD for the same license code continues to work on either platform? This issue occurred on TurboTax Premier 2020 but I assume is the default for any edition.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax CD license code for digital download: switching platforms (Mac/Windows)

You will need to contact TurboTax support so they can push a Mac installation file for 2020 to your download account at no charge - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will need to contact TurboTax support so they can push a Mac installation file for 2020 to your download account at no charge - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies