Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax bug - QBI Pass Through not populating in 8995-A Schedule C when no current year QBI

I have a QBI Pass Through from last year which was reported on my 2022 8995-A Schedule C under lines 2/3/6.  I entered this information in TurboTax and I can see it in the Worksheets, but when I view my Tax Return, it has nothing listed in 8995-A Schedule C. I contacted support by phone, but nobody could help me fix this.  It appears there is a TurboTax online bug where unless you have current year QBI, it doesn't properly populate the loss pass through, which should be populated and continue to be reported.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Turbotax bug - QBI Pass Through not populating in 8995-A Schedule C when no current year QBI

"

Schedule C (Form 8995-A)—Loss Netting and Carryforward

If any of your trades, businesses, or aggregations have a qualified business loss for the current year or you have a qualified business net loss carryforward from prior years, you must complete Schedule C (Form 8995-A) before starting Form 8995-A, Part I. This includes prior year loss carryforwards even if the loss was unreported or the trade or business that generated the loss is no longer in existence.

Schedule C (Form 8995-A) offsets your trade or business that generated a qualified business loss against the QBI from your other trades or businesses. The qualified business loss must be apportioned among all your trades or businesses with QBI in proportion to their QBI.

When I look at my 1040 on TurboTax prior to filing:

Qualified Business Income Deduction Summary

QBI loss carryover from Form 8895 line 16 or Form 8995A Schedule C line 6 shows blank even though I entered this amount under Qualified business loss carryforward

I am not due any tax benefit from this, I am just trying to comply with what it says to do which is to carry this forward (on 8995-A Schedule 6 lines 2/3/6) like happened last year (pre-TurboTax).

vidipm
Returning Member

Were you able to resolve your issue? I'm running into similar issues. TT is not generating schedule C QBI for me. I have carryforward from last year that I want to enter and carry forward those losses. My 2022 return has Schedule C (Form 8995-A) from prior years carryforward. I tried to manually add the form, but the form is not editable, and I cannot add anything which tells me that it is autogenerated based on the inputs. I dont know what I need to add so that it generates this form.

vidipm
Returning Member

NVM, figured it out.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies