Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax 2022 form 8962 Premium Tax Credit

Desktop

Desktop  @JMac05  

Confirmed the fix for desktop/windows version. It's all good now.

What's interesting is I just received the 3rd email from Help team 10 mins ago and it still says the same, except now the bug has been fixed. LOL 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about your issue with the Premium Tax Credit. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

We appreciate your patience while we looked into your issue. After investigating the issue, we found that If a taxpayer is making over 401% of the poverty line there is no assistance and the User has to repay back the advanced premium they obtained through the year.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/health-care/what-is-the-premium-tax-credit/L6gAHB5ld

If you’re still having trouble or there’s something else we can help you with, feel free to give us a call.

Thank you,

The TurboTax Help Team

The Desktop Version is now working with today's update!!!!!!!  🙂

pricej14
Returning Member

It appears this is still not correct on Turbo Tax online. I just did a video chat with them and explained the issue once again. Turbo Tax online is still not pushing the values from column 1 and 2 to the 8962. The woman I chatted with did note that they are aware of the issue and working on it. 

It has been corrected on the update I downloaded this morning. 

So nice to see 5-digits of red numbers (Federal balance due) spin down to two digits of red (I usually aim to owe a small amount).

Thanks

It would have been better for Turbo Tax to just say there will be an update on January 19th and leave it at that then to provide the comments about exceeding the 401% of the poverty line which I knew was incorrect however I had to go out and research to check it again just to be sure.

It appears this issue has been fixed as of Jan. 19, 2023.

Woo Hoo! Fixed on Mac desktop this morning. Reduced my federal tax by $4000!!!

We understand that this is not the ideal situation to be in during this stressful tax season but we appreciate your patience with us as we worked hard to resolve these issues. I am pleased to say, the forms are now making the calculations correctly. It has been tested out and is working properly.

Thanks again, for taking the time to bring this to our attention. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

pricej14
Returning Member

@Debra_S any insight when this will also be fixed on Turbo Tax Online? It is still not fixed on the online side and is not pushing the values to form 8962 correctly. Thank you!

@Debra_S while the fix seems to be in order for TurboTax DESKTOP as noted by many posters to this thread, the problem still remains for TurboTax ONLINE. This is true as of 1/19/2022 at 2:00PM EST.

@Debra_S UPDATE: as of 4:00pm on 1/19/2023 TurboTax ONLINE also now appears to be fixed regarding 1095-A  and Form8962 issues. Thank you!

I think you may all know the Form 8962 is corrected with the 1/19/23 update as i suspected.  It is now comparing my monthly required payment with the second lowest silver plan.

Yes... that is how the form works ...that is why that column B is on the 1095-A.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies