turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax 2019 keeps crashing every time I get to Do you have another W-2 to enter? and I click no then Continue. Installed on Windows 7 Tried reinstalling but same issue.

Solution posted by other users:

Do not open Turbotax yet.  First, RIGHT CLICK on TurboTax icon.

Click Properties.

Click to open Compatibility tab.

Click check mark next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Then select Windows 7 from drop down menu.

At bottom of screen, click check mark next to "Run this program as an administrator"

Turbotax 2019 keeps crashing every time I get to Do you have another W-2 to enter? and I click no then Continue. Installed on Windows 7 Tried reinstalling but same issue.

I have to say THIS WORKED!!! I was having the same trouble as everyone listed. I read this and BOOM! Dude you are a genius!!

I am facing a similar issue with Turbotax on Windows7. Turbotax crashes on the W2 potion of the program. I hope Inuit fixes this.

This worked for me.  Thank you very much!!  I've been a software engineer for over 25 years and have not seen anything like this before.  They must have outsourced the QA on the product.

x591
Returning Member

Really glad I found this answer. Had the same issue at exact same place in program.

I had to also go back in and check the box in Properties/Compatibility to apply it to all Users before it would work.

And then still had major issues with not being able to type numbers in the fields during the Interview process. Just would not take any typing. Had to use the Forms view to insert all the numbers. Really annoying.

So there is still some compatibility issue. And NO, I do not want to upgrade to Windows 10.

Your 5 steps finally make my TurboTax 2019 run successfully again under Windows 7.   I have been struggling with this restarting problem of TurboTax for the past 2 weeks.  It used to work fine in April.   Thanks for your help.  

@mvancourt  It's really dudette!  But glad it helped.  😁

vollmerJ

That toally worked! Thank you! 

I filed my 2018 tax in Texas at H&R Block and I had a card it expired 2019 I have moved to ky and have a debit card now I need my stimulus check that I haven't got yet what do I have to do to get it to sent here to me or put on my card

Bill000

Talk about frustrating!  I am stuck with a Windows 7 computer for now.  Given the current economic situation, buying a computer at the drop of a hat just to run TurboTax on Win10 is not an option at this moment.

I ran into the same problem as others with the May 14, 2020 update.  I did my return last month, no issues.  Now I am helping a friend and ran into the crash loop after entering the W2.  Setting the compatibility mode to XP Service Pack 2 seems to have at least allowed TT to at least run, albeit noticeably slowly.  I am still working on the federal and have not started the state/local yet, so I don’t know if the dreaded error 190 awaits.

It is like this update wasn’t tested at all on Win7.  It is pretty obvious from this thread that there are quite a few users that have legitimate reasons to be using Win7 based computers.  More than grudging support would be appreciated.

WWCasey

Every Time I try to use my Turbotax Business TY2019, It says "All available activations for that code have been used. Error code: 603" 

It is apparently does not retain the loaded program.  

1. How do I get a new activation code?

2. What am I doing wrong to not have save the loaded program?

Bill000

I ran into a similar situation.  After I right clicked the TT program icon to change the compatibility mode to XP SP2, the next time I started TT it made me re-enter the activation code.  I don’t know how many installs I am allowed, but that it must be at least two uses of the code.  Also, your PC probably needs Internet access long enough to verify the activation code.  If you are out of allowed installs for your activation code, it seems like phone support from customer service is likely the only option remaining.

TT 2019 has certainly become a bug-fest, at least for running on Windows 7.  They have it backwards - the program should run more smoothly with updates, not worse.

RainJan30
Returning Member

My tax program froze up twice on windows 10.  How do I keep from doing it AGAIN?

I have 2 1099s from 2divisions of sAME COMPANY.  Turbo set them as 2 companies How can I combine them?

Turbo wants to go to final before some deductions ARE IN. FRUSTRATING.

topper127

I am using Windows 10 and as of Oct 2020 have been unable to load/continue/start new tax returns.  I am using the Download version and have reinstalled numerous times upon the recommendation of TT support gurus(?).  I have configure to use Windows 7 as administrator;  Reinstalled after removing Firewall; stripped all TT files, cache, cookies; etc.  

TT loads up and crashes when selecting to work on a file.

I have 10 years of TT on my PC and have never had a problem.  This is preventing me from opening any return from 2016 on.

In reading the numerous threads, I am not alone.

Anyone come up with  a solution?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@topper127 Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies