turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jimenezd

Turbo tax says looks like some of your tax forms aren't ready

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

Many forms and schedules are not yet ready.  When the IRS/state has finalized the forms you need then you will be able to file.  Click Review to see what you have to wait for.  The IRS is not accepting returns until January 27, so there is no hurry to file now.  Filing now would not result in an early refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Edgarcf

If this is so, why did turbo tax let me file the return?? All I was trying to do was save my info and signed up for the email notification, but as soon as I hit file it sent. What does that mean ?? Do I have to ammend my return ?? Please advise 

I have the same question as Edgarcf...

I was allowed to e-file but my return has 2 forms that say Do Not File Form Not Ready. Should I worry???

I went on the IRS website and this form is updated and ready - has been for a couple days. But TT is still not clearing my return, erroneously reporting this form is not yet ready.

Seeing it on the IRS site is not the same as the form being ready for tax software and being tested and approved by the IRS for tax software.  Since the IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12, you actually can wait for the form to be ready for the software.

There are a number of 2020 forms now that the 2nd stimulus passed — that are still being revised by the IRS and the states.  Click on the REVIEW tab to see what form(s) you are waiting for and when it is estimated to be ready (dates are subject to change) ... 

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         

State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

There is no reason to rush and e-file now.  The IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12, 2021.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

| Since the IRS is not accepting 2020 returns until February 12...

And this is holding up my stimulus money; they wonder why we things people feel about government the way they do - they are sitting on money I loaned them interest free. (Some call it euphemistically payroll deduction.)

@vaardfark Congress passed a tax law change at the very end of 2020 after arguing about it for months,   That 2nd stimulus bill made it necessary for many federal tax forms to be revised and for all tax preparation software to be revised.  Before you blame the IRS or TurboTax take a look at your federal legislators.

| ...people feel about government...

I am clearly not blaming turbotax here. As to legislators vs any other branch, I am not making a distinction though i recognize the executive is trying harder than in recent memory : )

At the end of my return under the "Review" tab it says "It looks like some of your tax forms aren't ready" but the says its available 1/29/2021. That is today I went back to check and it saying the same thing "It looks like some of your tax forms aren't ready". It still won't let me file, im beyond confused??

MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

Since the IRS is not open for Efile until February 12, you have time to resolve this.

Once the IRS form is available, it may not be incorporated into TurboTax immediately.

Keep checking.

Click this link for more info on IRS Forms Availability

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The form I needed was posted and my return is filed. The email notification I signed up for worked as advertised. All good.

Why is the IRS Form 14039 Identity Theft Affidavit not available to e-file? Does this mean we have to wait until the IRS makes this document available before we can electronically file the tax return?

IRS Form 14039 Identify Theft Affidavit is not currently available for electronic filing on the TurboTax website.PNG

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

For questions regarding the availability on Form 14039, please see this Help Article IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products. If the form becomes available sooner than currently published on that Help Article, the article will be updated to provide the new availability date.

@mwolfe808

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies