turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax received my data from my Marcus Goldman Sachs account, not all the data apparently came though, I have other CD's with them that are on my 1099-Int statement

TurboTax can only import what the broker provides. So, it may be an issue with Goldman Sachs, in which case you would need to enter the missing forms manually.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo tax received my data from my Marcus Goldman Sachs account, not all the data apparently came though, I have other CD's with them that are on my 1099-Int statement

Since this is broken, I think TurboTax should just remove the import for Marcus even if the issue is on Marcus side.  Whoever's side the issue is on, either get it fixed or remove the import for Marcus until this issue is resolved.  This is screwing people over and can potentially cause penalties.

TurboTax should not connect to a known "defective" site (Marcus Goldman Sachs), or just work with Marcus GS to fix it. Mine was filed incorrectly and got a fine from IRS because of this. I informed TurboTax and they said they have let the developers know this issue and it will be fixed (or disconnected). The surprise is, that was for TurboTax 2019. Seems like the issue is still there in TurboTax 2021.

The explanation "TurboTax can only import what the broker provides. So, it may be an issue with Goldman Sachs" may make sense if this is the first time discovering this issue. But it looks ridiculous now after it's been there for a few years. You should not claim your "IMPORT" function is so reliable while leaving this known problematic site connected for so long. Not sure how many more people will get fined by IRS because of this.

This problem continues for 2022 returns.  The download only pulls data on Marcus' savings accounts, even though their website posts the 1099-INTs for CD interest as well. 

What a disappointment to learn this has been an issue for several years now! Please get the issue elevated with the developers and corrected, OR remove Marcus by Goldman Sachs from your list of partners immediately. 

Hi Thomas, 

Have you seen the comments below your post? If it's Goldman Sachs' error, TurboTax should remove this connection from the import list when you know it has issues. Or at least provide a warning message on the screen. Thanks.

Cogswelj

It's 2024 and the incomplete data download issue does not appear to have been addressed despite having been raised by multiple posters starting in 2020 (the bank/brokerage firm appears on the list of available imports; however, the resulting data imported includes only the first two accounts on 1099-INT (and no 1099 -DIV).   Additional CDs are omitted from 1099-INT as reported in the past.   Agree with prior posters that removal by Turbotax (if must be manual) or correction is overdue (if tax reporting 1099-INT and 1099-DIV can be imported with problem solving by Turbotax).

Having the SAME PROBLEM with Schwab: Not all the 1099-INT or 10999-DIVs are being imported. 

And, yes, all accounts are all on one log-in on their website. 

Clearly a problem with TT software and not the banks if it happens across multiple institutions. 

PLEASE FIX THIS OR WARN PEOPLE THAT THEIR DOWNLOADS MAY NOT BE COMPLETE!

This inexcusable!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies