turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Turbo Tax not responding"

Turbo Tax Premier, MACBOOK Pro, Big Sur.  I am in the income statement section, third section. When I ask for the next section, I get TurboTax not responding message.  I tried on a MacBook Air running prior OS X,  same results.  There are several such complaints on this forum, but all seem to be on Windows.  I did the latest program update just prior to continuing then ran into the issue.   Tried quitting Turbo Tax, saving, two different computers, shut down ,  reboot, same results.  there appears to be a software issue with Turbo Tax.  Need help. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

36 Replies

Exactly what  section?    What it the name on the top of the screen?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Wages and income.  I do the next income  section button at the bottom  right of the screen and get the spinning wheel.  I found a workaround by just going to the select what you want to de rather than walk me thru everything, but there is an apparent bug .

Wages and income.   I fund a work around -go to you chose what to work on.  I note there is a new update I just received and installed and maybe that fixed it,I hope,  Have not tried t yet.

I posted an answer yesterday, why it does not show I do not know.

tracyisu

I have the same issue. Just cannot go to the "next income section".

Thank you for letting me know that I do not need to choose walk me through everything.

et410

I am having the same problem.   Is there a fix released?  Tax deadline is approaching.

Cthipps

I have updated, Uninstaller, cleared cache, updated computer software and nothing works.  I am not able to go past section 4 of income without it saying it is not responding.  I spent an entire day updating everything with no resolve.  HELP 

I did not have the problem with 2020, I"m having a problem with 2021 turbo tax premier.  I'm using the same laptop as last year, I meet the system requirements.  It is taking me 20-25 minutes per W2-G form with only entering the bare amount needed.  When ever I tab or click to a new field I get the non-responding message.  This is flat out ridiclous. 

Oscar195050
Returning Member

I am also inputing W2Gs of which I have 32 and each one is taking about 5 minutes. Each block takes 15-20 seconds to load and then the program will freeze with (not responding) and will have to wait until it starts again. I have used TTax for 30 years and this is the first time this has happened. Company should fix and replace for no cost!!!!

Oscar195050
Returning Member

Tabberone, have you received any info on how to fix or any assistance from mfg? I have TTax Deluxe and am having same problem.

I could live with 5 minutes.

After a month the response I got was to go to forms, delete all the forms entered, close program, reopen and make sure all updates are done then reenter the forms.  I opted not to do that.

To clarify, I opted not to do it because I had entered all the forms I had.  Hopefully don't have this issue with any of the other forms in the program.

SBROTZ

Oscar195050 - I have the exact same issue, also with a high number of W-2G entries to make.  Painfully slow.  TurboTax support has no record of any complaint - suggesting that it is my PC, but I do meet all threshold requirements.

I have about 2/3 of the forms entered - guess I will continue to endure the process and HOPE that no other section is the same.  I also am a long time TurboTax Deluxe CD user - first real issue incurred.....

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

If several of the W2G's are from the same company you can simply combine those and enter as one.  You would leave the cashier and dates blank. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PLV
Level 2

I have over 100 W2G’s to load into TT. Each one of them are taking almost 20 minutes to load. Same laptop that I used last year and meets all requirements. I’m screaming! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies