turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tgchu1

Turbo tax made an error on my return. I need to talk to a Turbo Tax agent.

I used turbotax to file my 2021 tax. The software calculated that I will get about $1,500 for my Indiana tax return. However, state government sent me a letter saying the calculation was incorrect and I am getting about $1,000. Is there a way to fix this?

dianne516

Regarding my 2020 Federal return.  Turbo Tax did not ask me about my social security income.  They just inserted my working part time job income.   I ended up pushing the "file my return" button as a result. I am so upset over this issue.

I have already received my Federal refund. I need to get this corrected so that I can file my State of Wisconsin return before the April 15th deadline.

I have no idea how this can be fixed.  Please call me at [phone number removed]. Or schedule a time to work with me on this.  [email address removed].

dianne516

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer support. Help with contacting them has been provided by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Wade46

I apologize for not giving you all the information. It is on my husband and my joint return for 2020. As we have not received our Federal refund yet, I decided to pull out all the paperwork.  When I did , I reviewed all the pages and found an error on the Earned Income Credit section. We have 2 grandchildren who lives with us.          The first child is Joshua [removed] On 4a it asks if this child is under the age of 24 at the end of 2020,                 a student, and  and younger then myself and my spouse. ANSWER : Joshua turned 20 this past March. he is in High School in a special class for handicapped students. 

4b is correct. Joshua is totally and permanently disabled. He is severely Autistic 4 A & B for Joshua is yes. 

The second child is Jasper [removed]. 4a askes about age, he is 7, 4B askes about permanently  and totally disabled. Jasper is mildly  Autistic and Hyper-active. The doctors have said that Jasper is too young to make a final decision. Please let me know what I need to do next. Thank you. Phyllis [removed] {e-mail is [email address removed] and phone is [phone number removed]

Wade46

Tax year is 2020, Federal form is 1040-SR, 

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Here is a link for contact information for TurboTax.

Mrishel
Returning Member

On the 1040 it entered a figure on Line 25b (Federal Tax withheld)  I did not have any tax withheld.

Now I cannot e-file because it keeps going back tothis

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Try to delete the W-2 or Form 1099 where this is being added, then re enter it.  Hope this helps.

JB51

Corrected message....there is an error in my federal tax claim per letter from IRS. Please call me to confer.

thank you

Jacqueline Brown

[phone number removed]

JB51

2020 taxes

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

This is a question and answer online forum.   Provide some details here and someone can help!     When you get a notice telling you about an error and/or adjustment, there should be instructions for what to do in the case you do not agree with the proposed changes.   And remember, a notice regarding a change is not an audit.  

How do I respond to an IRS notice?         @JB51

sozweb1

Turbo tax did not include my 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace info for 2020 tax return

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Did you enter your 1095-A information into TurboTax when preparing your return?  

It should have been entered as follows in the Federal interview section of the program.

1. Select Deductions & Credits 
  2. Scroll down to All Tax Breaks 
  3. Select Medical 
  4. Select Affordable Care Act (Form 1095-A) 

If you entered it as above, TurboTax will generate Form 8962 for the Premium Tax Credit, if applicable.  

Form 8962 is not required to be filed if your return has any Excess Advanced Premium Tax Credits.  The only time you would need to include Form 8962 in your 2020 income tax return is if you are claiming a Premium Tax Credit.

Reconciling premium tax credit

If you received a notice asking you for Form 8962, you can follow the instructions in the following help article to create Form 8962 in TurboTax and submit with your Form 1095-A. 

How to generate Form 8962 to submit to the IRS as requested 

@sozweb1

just before I was about to file..all info entered I received an error message...information that was imported from my investment account  was a problem.  the amount entered could not be more that the gross...it wasn't the only way I could file was to enter 0 which increased the amount I owned by 1022.40. I did it because I had no real choice.?????????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies