turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax 2022

I know that the 2022 version of turbotax deluxe will not run on a 10 year old mac running catilina.  Can I switch to the online version?  I have heard that the online version has restrictions such as not allowing overrides and a limit of the number of transactions or entries.  Does the online version of turbotax have schedules C and Depreciation schedule 4562 since I run a small part time business?  Please comment or let me know if I can use the online version.  If not I have to buy a new mac at around $2000 or more for the next 10 years until that computer has to be replaced.  Thanks,

Richard P. Gunion

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo Tax 2022

Yes, you can use TurboTax Self-Employed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Turbo Tax 2022

Yes, you can use TurboTax Self-Employed.

Turbo Tax 2022

Yes ... you can transfer the .tax2021 file into the online program ... just follow the screen instructions.

The online program does NOT have the FORMS mode and will not allow overrides or direct form entries so if this is something you need to do you may need to find another method to file the return.  

Turbo Tax 2022

Would I have to use the interview process?  This might be complicated and take a lot of time.  Could I try the online version and erase it if it does not work for me and go back to a paper return (would have to buy a new iMac)?  

I appreciate the advice given so far.

Richard P. Gunion

Turbo Tax 2022

The only option is the interview process when using the online program and if you choose to use the downloaded version instead you don't have to start over ... just save the .taxfile and open it in the downloaded version.  This can be done even if you don't pay or register the online version.  

And ALL returns should be efiled if possible ... paper returns are taking 6 to 10 months to process and have a 25% error rate of data entry errors.  So try to NOT work in the FORMS mode if possible and never make overrides unless the program requires them.

If you just want to fill in the forms directly and paper file then you can simply get the fill in forms on the IRS website for free : https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions

Turbo Tax 2022

@rich3339765 wrote:

Would I have to use the interview process?  This might be complicated and take a lot of time.  Could I try the online version and erase it if it does not work for me and go back to a paper return (would have to buy a new iMac)?  

Yes to both.  Interview steps only.    You don't have to pay for Online until you file or want to print.  You can transfer your 2021 desktop return into the Online version next year.  Post back then if you need help for that.  You can clear the Online version if you don't want to use it.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies