Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax 2020 not asking recovery rebate credit questions during federal review

Hi,

I am filing my 2020 tax return. Based on  2019 AGI , I was eligible for Stimulus payment which I did not receive. IRS asked me to claim it on 2020 tax return. My 2020 AGI is more than acceptable value for Stimulus payment.

When I try to file 2020 tax return and do federal review , I am not getting options to claim recovery rebate credit.  How can I see these options? 

I am using turbo tax 2020 premier version

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
barwillo

Turbo tax 2020 not asking recovery rebate credit questions during federal review

I always pick the "guide me" on income and deductions/credits just in case there are some changes. This year Turbo Tax Deluxe asked if "you received both stimulus checks". You can 0click on "forms" in the upper right corner, there will be a drop down on the left side, click on "Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet". Or you could back up to the end of deductions and start over from there.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The Recovery Rebate Credit section is at the end of Other Tax Situations before the Federal Review. It should be seen before the review is started. If it is not, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. Since no stimulus amount was received, enter 0 for each box. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

For more information, see: Recovery Rebate Credit Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service

Thanks for answering. Some how the form is not allowing me to enter values.

For Year 2019, my AGI was less than $150K (joint filing) . For Year 2020, my AGI is more than $150K( joint filing). 

When I try to enter the rebate, it is not allowing me to enter values nor showing this option.

Is the recovery credit based on 2020 AGI or 2019 AGI?

@ndesk wrote:

Thanks for answering. Some how the form is not allowing me to enter values.

For Year 2019, my AGI was less than $150K (joint filing) . For Year 2020, my AGI is more than $150K( joint filing). 

When I try to enter the rebate, it is not allowing me to enter values nor showing this option.

Is the recovery credit based on 2020 AGI or 2019 AGI?

The Recovery Rebate Credit is based on your 2020 federal tax return, your filing status and your 2020 AGI

Go to this IRS website for the Recovery Rebate Credit information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/recovery-rebate-credit

I followed your guide but turbo asks me to confirm my ssn and then goes to fed review. Can someone please help me out?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@jackmoresoft

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
meme2013

Extreme Frustration To Get Stimulus Recovery Amt (to be calculated and to be right wo a fee to IRS 

There were so many issues with all of the programs TurboTax not being the only one. However when i used Turbo Tax about 4-5 weeks ago to get ahead of the game it was not working there were no questions about

stimulus money and there were no options to pick a certain  turbo tax edition so i was billed at the end even though they said it was free, I cancelled the tax form and thought i had time but as i went on they were either charging or the electronic program was not giving you the option of a 1040 form nor were they asking questions about the stimulus.  Of course waited and programs were still not working right until a couple of days prior to final day to file. I was able to file efile and it computed the stimulus amt for the first check which i thought was fine but not the second check i put it thru and they are about to charge me $39.00 for that.  Then i went back in and it seemed the program changed this was on 5/15 then on 5/16 evening i went into Turbo Tax around 9:00 they added a basic turbo tax that was never out there prior to the nite of deadline.  i could not believe i had hardly any issues was not charged and they put together the both checks as one so i got the correct total for both stimulus checks without paying a fee.

I ask why was this program out there sooner why the nite that it was due my transmission went thru at 12:02 the only issue was the other carrier which i transmitted with half of my stimulus, i was already informed by the irs that they would take care of it,  the problem was their software options were not working properly or it would have computed the correct amount. If anyone had similiar problems pls let it be known...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies