Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

@Money Binoculars1 Whatever makes you feel better man. Sure sounds like you are worried as can be

Yeah, I am.

This is the blog for people who are worried.

If I, and 99% of the people on here were all set good to go and no worries,

we wouldn't be on here.

I feel like this is the most legit answer I’ve come across!

I have been using TT for years for FREE to do my taxes. This year was no different until after the process was complete and I owed them $120 for fees, when I made sure I was using the free version.  I went ahead and paid the money but was a little annoyed that I was duped into this and also got the TT debit card.  Now all of the sudden at the last minute right before the stimulus is about to hit there are issues for those of us who are doing TT a favor by paying for a service you can get for free other places when those who didn't pay a cent to TT will get their money without issue.  I guess we will have to wait and see but the best advice I can give to others is wait till the IRS opens the portal to change the account info and do it then. Otherwise you will wait on a paper check which will prob take another month and a half.  

Personally I will no longer use TT and will be switching to H&R Block next year, considering they have already provided the info to their customers that TT refuses to release bc they are clearly afraid to lose business and i urge others to do the same.  It's not that its hard to do but  I hate jumping through hoops to do so. You suck TT

So since I did the free version I won’t get it on my card?

You will if you did the free version, if you did an advance or paid any fees it seems you will get a paper check or you can go irs website and change your DD info

TurboTax showed us their A$$ on this one. They did not stand up for us AT all...

Left us out to dry.

However, they DO make ddoingtaxes so darn easy, I've been using them since like 2010. Couldn't imagine doing taxes any other way.

The only thing I am doing different next year is not getting their card. Imma do my taxes, pay, and bounce til the next year.

Screenshot_2020-04-12-17-35-22.png

Screenshot_2020-04-12-17-35-22.png

They have a portal open right now on turbo tax where you can change that dd info. The minute I heard turbo card may not do it I went into the portal and did it. I have a different account now chime also worked out a deal to not have to wait and give it immediately once its sent. Some have already got emails about there turbo cards getting a direct deposit on the 15th. I havent recuved anything but since I had to change it probably going to have to wait a week longer. And for everyone not understanding why they cant or may have a hard time getting it to your turbo card when your employer can is because your employer doesnt have 327 million employees not that easy. If you've had it to where turbo tax got it first then sent your return after fees and such the irs doesnt have your DD it has turbo taxes.. just saying 

Even with advance taxes came to the account. I AM SO CONFUSED. 

I read the emerald cup wont if you've had to have fees or refund advance because they hey sent to the people who gave the advance or took the fees then they deposit it. But by the 17th they want to have a portal to change add direct deposit and track your payment because they dont want to have to cut millions of checks. 

With the advance whoever you got it from gets the taxes first takes out there advance money  you owe then sends it to you so its confusing the irs when they sent it to the comoany like turbo tax that had to take out first. Dd on the 1040 is only there for turbo tax when they receive it and take there fees then send it that's my understanding. 

They havent provided the info theres people on here asking if the emerald card that's he block card if it will get the deposit because they cant get a straight answer either. No ones fault this is all happening they didnt expect this virus amd the issues and payments that arent tax related to be coming out all of a sudden. Theres going to be quirks and issues bottom line. 

@Cwomack 

Did u get the stimulus check on ur turbo card on the 9th?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies