Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

choll

TT 2023 installation directory

I'm having the same problem.  I changed the installation folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Individual 2023 simply because that's where all previous years of TT were installed and I wanted to keep them together.  The installation proceeded fine and asked to load any updates.  I clicked to update and TT closed.  It had installed in Program Files anyway.  TurboTax.exe is in C:\Program Files\TurboTax\Individual 2023\64bit, which seems odd if it can't be installed in the (x86) folder.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, accepting its default folder, and it seems to be working.  This problem should be fixed.

baj
Level 2

If you install TT 2023 into any directory other than the TT default folder, the efile will not work. I had to uninstall TT and then re-install into the default directory c:\Program Files. install 

AJNH53

Fails to honor directory selection on Windows 10 Pro as well.   64-bit vs 32-bt should not matter.  A directory is a directory and product should install as directed to facilitate grouping with previous year installations.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies