Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TT 2021 Form 8962 - Error calculating repayment limitation?

Have you heard anything about an update yet? I’m having the same issue 

Robinson2703
Returning Member

Ok, so either way, the issue is line #5

artroberts
Returning Member

I'm getting this error-

F8962-006-01 - If Form 8962, Line 1 'TotalExemptionsCnt' has a non-zero value, then Line 5 'FederalPovertyLevelPct' must be equal to Line 3 'HouseholdIncomeAmt' divided by Line 4 'PovertyLevelAmt'.

How do I go about fixinig this?

bugreporter
Returning Member

Hello PB7781,

My problem is fixed now, not by Intuit, but with your hint on this 133% default applicable to unemployment benefit received people in 2021, I went further looked at 8962 instructions and the TT Premier software I am using as such. Yes, there is a question when feeding the 1095-A info into TT software, there is a question asking if we received any unemployment benefits in 2021. Since this question was not there in previous years, I didn't pay attention to that question. But the software is selecting the default selection as 'Yes'. So that's where it propagated down the process and so was the issue in my case.  So be careful that others needs to pay attention to the default 'Yes' selection by the software.

Thank you again, PB7781 for your hint.

Luckily, I don't have the other issue you all are having!

Bugreporter,

Glad you were able to correct your issue!  Seems dangerous that the software would default the answer to a "yes" like that rather than making the user answer the question regarding unemployment before they could proceed further when doing the 1095-A.

I fired up my TT Deluxe and started a new tax return - and went to the interview section where it asks me about my 1095-A info.  The first question it asks is if I received any unemployment in 2021, and the default answer is "NO". 

02/01/22: This issue is not resolved:

Description of error:
If Form 8962, Line 1 'TotalExemptionsCnt' has a non-zero value, then Line 5 'FederalPovertyLevelPct' must be equal to Line 3 'HouseholdIncomeAmt' divided by Line 4 'PovertyLevelAmt'.
What needs to be done:
This return cannot be electronically filed at this time due to a processing error that will be corrected on February 3, 2022. On or after February 3, 2022, open the rejected return, review it for errors, and resubmit the return for electronic filing.
Robinson2703
Returning Member

I tried refiling my return earlier today, just before you submit, click "view documents" and check to see if the form that you had issues with was corrected.

My form 8962, line #5 was corrected so I resubmitted the return. 1 hour later the federal was accepted. 

Robinson2703
Returning Member

FORM 8962 CORRECTED:

I tried refiling my return earlier today, just before you submit, click "view documents" and check to see if the form that you had issues with was corrected.

My form 8962, line #5 was corrected so I resubmitted the return. 1 hour later the federal was accepted. 

Robinson2703
Returning Member

FORM ERROR CORRECTED...

AMC32

Where is view documents tab that you are referring to? 

With the update posted today (2/3), it appears the repayment limitation problem is solved.  My 8962 no longer has a limit applied on line 28.

I had the same issue using TT 2021 online version. It was incorrectly putting in a repayment limitation of $2700 even though my income was over the 400% poverty level. As of eve of 2/2/21 it seems to have been corrected and it showed the full amount of repayment of APTC on my form. I was able to submit the tax return and it was accepted by the IRS a few minutes later.

mandyk515

Token 909831

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies